✓Bucky Barnes✓

"Dancing With Your Ghost"

Yelling at the skyScreaming at the worldBaby, why'd you go away?I'm still your girlHolding on too tightHead up in the cloudsHeaven only knowsWhere you are now

The letters that Bucky sent you were sprawled on your bed. Ever since he got drafted and left to help save the country from the war, you promised each other that you would send letter as much as each of you can. At first he sends you letters at least two times a week and you thought that due to his duties, he will lose time writing you letters but he doesn't. He finds any time of his busy day to write to you, whether its about his hardships or a poem. You'd think that the cocky charmer James Buchanan Barnes wouldn't be the poem and literary type of guy but he does know how to make you fall more deeply in love with him with his words.

It was hard for you to live in the house without his presence. You've been used to having his arm draped around your waist whenever you wake up in the morning, the sound of his booming laughter whenever you two would do some mischievous tricks at each other, the Saturday dinners with his bestfriend Steve that soon became a bestfriend to you too, and of course his kisses.

The loneliness reminded of you of your nomad years before you met Bucky. You are a vampire, a Daywalker as what other vampires would call your kind, those that can walk through daytime and a lot harder to kill that the only way to get rid of your kind is to be ripped in shreds. There wasn't a lot of breed of vampire like you, most of them were killed. 1878 is the year when you were turned, you didn't really want to be a vampire but you were attacked by one of the Daywalkers one night and they thought they left you dead but they were wrong and left their venom on you bloodstream. You've been isolating yourself from humans although you feed off animal blood. Your diet made it easier to blend with them, though but you still don't want to risk their lives.

That was until you met Bucky and Steve. They were held at gunpoint in a secluded alleyway, you weren't suppose to help them but then a strong pull made you snap the neck of the gunman and save the two men. They were persistent to befriend you so you finally gave in, considering the strong magnetic pull made it impossible for you to run away like you'd always do. Soon enough, you found out that the strong pull was with Bucky when he confessed that he felt the same strong connection. You tried to stay away from him, though because you fear that you'd hurt him. You even told him what you are but this doesn't scare him away and that's when you knew that he's it for you. Steve knew too, he's like a brother to you.

The secret was kept between the three of you. They would even insist to go with you on your hunt in the forest even though it made you slightly uncomfortable at first but their enthusiasm on your incredible speed and strength somehow made you okay with it.

You ran your hand through the letter that Bucky sent you three days ago. His slightly messy penmanship made you chuckle. It was obvious that he's in a hurry from how he scribbled the words. But your light mood was replaced by fear because of his message.

My dearest little bloodsucker, you giggled on his chosen term of endearment to you.

I will be in a much harder mission tomorrow. I wouldn't lie to you, I somehow fear for my life but not because I fear death, hell I even fell in love with a vampire. The reason I fear for my life is because I wouldn't want to leave you alone. Every time I stood in the battlefield, I don't only fight for my country but also for my life because I promised you with my heart that I will come back to you. You don't need to worry, though because I will be fighting alongside Steve. That punk has really grown and you wouldn't believe how strong he is now. I'm looking forward to see the two of you duel but of course my bet is still on you, dear.