Chapter Twenty-nine

Alyssa

"Ally, wake up, it's Christmas!" Oliver yelled in my ear. "Let's go open presents!" I groaned, stretching my body out on the bed having just woke up. "Ally!"

"I thought we were going to open those presents when everyone gets here." I reminded him.

"But that's too long. I can't wait till then, can't I just open one?" He bargained.

"Olly, you promised your Gran gran you'd wait." He grumbled something after I said that and presumably left the room.

It was Christmas day and Carina, Matthew, Sophia, Cassy and Ivy were coming over to spend the day with us. Carina and Matthew were coming from London and we're going to stay with us till New Year's. Nathan wasn't back yet, in fact I haven't really heard from him since yesterday morning. I guess he's really busy.

"Ally!" Oliver came back into the room. "I want hot chocolate. Can you please make me hot chocolate?"

I was still sleepy, my eyes were still shut even. "I want to sleep a little longer. I'll make it when I'm awake."

"Last I checked, you have to be awake to talk." I can't deal with his sass this morning.

"People talk in their sleep, Olly." I countered.

"I want hot chocolate and I'm gonna keep saying it until you come make it for me." I heard a thud, I think he sat on the floor. "I want hot chocolate! I want hot chocolate! I want hot chocolate! I want hot chocolate! I want hot chocolate! I WANT HOT CHOCOLATE!!"

Oh, God, why me? "You know you are very annoying, Oliver."

"I get that a lot." He giggled. "Are you coming to make it now or do I have to keep saying it?"

I groaned once more before I dragged myself out of the sweet comfort of the bed to make him some hot chocolate. I made some for myself as well since I was already up and put some tiny marshmallows in them.

"Yay, marshmallows!" The boy who dragged me out of bed cheered and took a sip out of the cup. "Mmm, yummy. Thank you, Ally."

The smile he gave me was enough melt all my annoyance away. He sure knows how to tug on my heartstrings.

I took a shower after finishing my hot chocolate and put on a Christmas themed sweater and jeggings. They're sorta like jeans but soft and incredibly comfortable. I decided to scroll through social media in the hours left for people to arrive. It's been a long while since I checked my Instagram.

I was surprised to see that in the few days since our interview, I'd gained over a hundred thousand followers. I didn't realize I had become a public figure so quickly, it was exciting yet nerve-wracking. I didn't like the idea of everyone's eyes on me.

I didn't want to take the risk of checking my private messages. I knew people would be sending me messages on how I didn't deserve Nathan and other things like that. I didn't want to see that today.

Fifteen minutes before everyone was supposed to arrive, I started on enough hot chocolate for everyone. We had snacks coming from Sophia's bakery. Turns out there was no family discount and everything we ordered was paid for from the money Nathan sent. I still felt a little bad when I used it for anything but I pushed the feeling down.

Exactly fifteen minutes later, someone knocked on the door. It was Sophia along with Carina and Matthew. I guess they stopped by at her place. I help them put the snacks in the kitchen and soon after everyone was here. I was surprised to see, Ivy's dad, Philip. I didn't even know he was coming but I was still happy he was here.