Chapter Ten

Alyssa

I have a date on Saturday, with Nathan Graham. Was my first thought when I woke up the next morning. Oh, God, what am I going to wear?

I hurriedly picked up my phone only to remember that I had no one I could call to help me. Well that's sad. I really have to go get something because all the clothes I have here won't fit Nathan's standards.

I should have enough money saved up for a nice dress. What color should it be?

My thoughts were yet again interrupted by a knock on the door. I go to open the door, expecting to see Nathan but instead I had to look down to see the person. My lips instantly curled into a smile, upon seeing the four year old still wearing Scooby Doo pajamas.

“Good morning, Ally.” The boy said, grinning brightly.

“Morning, Olly.” I replied.

His cheeks flushed adorably. “Dont call me 'Olly'.”

“Why not?”

“It's embarrassing.”

“No, it's not. The name is cute. A cute name for a cute boy.” His cheeks got impossibly redder. Aww!

“Well, you're pretty cute too.” He had a tiny smile that was just so cute, I was about to faint from the cuteness. “Um, my dad said I should tell you that breakfast is ready.”

“Okay. Thanks for telling me. Lemme just change then I'll be right down.”

“Actually, there's no need to change. Any day Dad stays home, we have breakfast in our pyjamas.” He explained. “Follow me, I'll take you to the kitchen.”

“Alright. Lead the way, kind sir.” I said with a fake British accent.

Oliver let out a loud laugh, barely able to catch his breath. He nearly fell over if not because I held him up.

“It couldn't have been that funny.”

“You sounded like if the Queen was drunk.” He said between giggles.

Ouch. I would be offended if his laugh wasn't so infectious. He had stopped laughing by the time we got to the kitchen. Nathan was sitting at the kitchen island just like yesterday with Mrs Peters at the stove. I greeted them as I entered and took a seat with Oliver right next to me.

Oliver was talking non-stop as we ate, telling me about his favorite cartoon, which was Supa Strikas by the way, his favorite color, red, and everything he liked. It was safe to say with his current interests, he would be one of the popular kids when he goes to high school.

Here I am thinking of him going to high school when he hasn't even started kindergarten yet.

I was in the middle of laughing at his El Matador impression when Nathan excused himself to answer his phone with a deep frown on his face. When I looked back to Oliver after his father left the room, I noticed he wasn't the same as he was five seconds ago. In fact, his expression could only be described as a cross between anger and sadness.

“What's the matter, Oliver?” I enquired.

“Whenever Dad gets a call and answers it with that face, it only means one thing.” He answered.

Before I could ask what, Nathan came back and announced. “My father has invited us to dinner.”

Oliver let out a very dramatic groan while I didn't understand what the big deal was. It's just dinner with his father, what's the worst that could happen.

I just had to ask. “So why the long faces?”

“Alyssa, you haven't met my father. Having a meeting with him is different from meeting him.” Nathan replied to my question.