Chapter 1

Alicia Magnolia Sutten

"Jasmine there's no way I'm going to that party." I slammed my locker.

We were walking in the hallway on our way to our last class of the day.

"Come on please! "

"Your acting like your life depends on it Jas ."

We took our seats in World History waiting for Mr.Futuro

After 20 minutes -

"Pleeeeeeaaassseee! "

"Didn't I say no to you already?" I looked at her annoyed

"What else are you gonna do on a Friday night Alicia? "

"I could think of a million things, and it doesn't involve going to that party."

"Li, just give Kemani a chance." she pleaded.

"Give me a reason. If it's good enough I'll go."

"I'll give you 3." she exclaimed

"This should be good." I mumbled slouching in my chair while leaning on my hand.

"Number one: Kemani invited you, well he told me to invite you for him but that's not the point. Number two:I wanna turn up with my best friend. And number three, I heard Millen's gonna be there." she smiled.

"Hmm and I wonder why Kemani would invite me.. I can think of the only reason he's YOUR boyfriend. " I emphasized the your part.

"That's not the only reason, he wants you guys to be closer like old times."

"4th grade?"

Kemani was my best friend since we were younger. Everything changed though the day he picked Ross over me. Ross was the mean girl , thought she was better than everyone. One day she got it all , my best friend . Apparently they had been 'together' , she gave him the option of choosing between me his best friend and her the most popular girl in school . He made his choice ...

"Li, that was so long ago."

"Your only saying that because you want me to go."

"At least he's trying, give him a chance for me." she gave me the puppy dog eyes.

The bell rang loudly , signaling it was time to leave.

"Fine I'll go! " I said.

"Yay!" She said cheerfully.

"Whatever, you wanna ride home? "I put my books back in my locker and grabbed my jacket,bag,and keys to my Porsche Cayenne.

"Nah, it's cool Kemani said he'd drop me but I'll be by before the party so we can go together." Just as she said that, speaking of the devil. Millen and him approached where we were standing outside near my car.

" Hey Babe. " Kemani kissed her on the lips. I think I feel my lunch coming back up.

"Hi Li."

"Kemani." I rolled my eyes.

"Hi Licia." Millen said

"What's up?" I nodded at him .

"Nothin'. Where you headed ?"

"Bout to go home and nap. " I yawned.

"Li, can we stop for pizza! " Lina butted in.

Lina is my twin sister. We both go to Calinua High, in sunny Los Angeles California .

"No. Here." I tossed her the keys.

Lina mumbled.

"Whatever." I said

"Where were we?" I hyffed

"You said you bout to nap, I was gonna ask to join." He smirked

"You'd like that wouldn't you." I laughed.

"Yeah." He put his arm around me

"Not even in your dreams." I put my hand in front of his face after droppin his arm.

"Like I'd wanna dream about you," He laughed . "You coming to the party tonight ?"

"I think so."

"You are?" Ke looks shocked

"Sure."

"I didn't think you'd say yes." He scratched the back of his neck

"See you there? " I turned to Millen

"No doubt." He licked his lips looking at me

"Okay." Lina beeped the horn startling us.

"Bye guys." I said before walking to the driver's side

"Bye Licia. "Mill said.

I smiled as I pulled out the school lot.