" .. you could be in the emergency room .."

Lelina

"I'll ride in the back with her. You can just meet us there." I told Riley as I climbed in the back of the ambulance with my sister's almost lifeless body.

"Alright." He replied as the EMT closed the doors and we drove off .

They were checking her pulse as I watched her, not believing this actually happened. It all happened too fast, maybe I shouldn't have walked off with Riley. I should've stayed with her, this is all my fault. I'm the reason my sister could possibly die. I don't want her to leave me here on this earth alone. God wanted there to be two of us in this world, he wouldn't just take one of us out like that right ?

We pulled up to the hospital about 30 minutes later. They rushed her into surgery to remove the bullet that was lodged into her. I took my time walking into the waiting room to see a distraught Codeine and Kemani, a silent Riley , & my mom looking agitated.

All eyes were on me as I walked towards them. I sat next to my mom who when she saw me hugged me instantly, then repeating "isē ṭhīka hōnē jā rahā hai" meaning ' it's going to be okay' in Hindi as if I were about to slip through her fingers if she weren't careful enough.

I rubbed her back as we cried together. I know this is harder for her to take in than it is for me.

Kemani

This is all my fault.

I left her to go get a drink. A stupid drink. My thirst wasn't that important.

I don't wanna lose her . Not now, not ever.

She's my everything. I can't stand to be away from her for too long. She's the love of my life. I can't count how many times she makes me smile in a day . I can only see her being with me. She's the truth. Her having my kids is what I want, for her to say I do to me and say the vows that'll have us bonded forever is what I want. I want her, nobody else. She's mine and I'm hers.

If I lose her I'll never forgive myself for being the cause. I wouldn't be able to live without her with me, that's how deep my love runs for her.

She's the wind beneath my wings. A rock in the sand that is rare to find, my smile if I cry, my joy through the pain, the truth through the lies, no matter what I do I can always count on her.

She's my rock .

"Family of Alicia Sutten." the doctor came into the waiting room .

We all stood and he walked towards us. "Good evening to you all." He greeted with a smile which soon faded when he realized the tension. He cleared his throat before speaking again , "Well I have news for you all. We were able to remove the bullets from her-"

"Bullets ? As in more than one ?" Ms.P said still in shock.

The doctor nodded , "There were 3 bullets. One brushed across her spinal chord , barely missing it. If it had hit directly to her spinal chord she could've been permanently damaged resulting in her suffering from permanent paralysis. Luckily we were able to remove that in time. The other two bullets were in her arm which was easy to get out because it didn't hit any veins. She's sure to be in a lot of pain when she wakes up."

"Wakes up? What do you mean?" I asked confused

"Alicia lost a lot of blood, causing her to slip into a coma."

"Is she gonna wake up?"

"Possibly, we're giving her the proper treatment. Then again comas are unpredictable, it could take her 3 weeks to wake up, 3 months, 3 years even."

I sighed frustrated.

"You can go in to see her if you'd like, room 714 two by two only." He said before walking off

"Kemani, you and Codeine go in first. I'll go last with Lelina." Ms.Sutten said rubbing Lina's shoulder.

I nodded as I walked down the long white hallway with Codeine sniffling. We made it to the room where there was dim lighting.

"Be strong. For her." Codeine said to me rubbing my back .

I sighed rubbing my hand across my face not noticing I was even crying. I huffed and licked my lips as I walked in the room.

To see her lying there made me want to break down. That should've been me who got hit by those bullets. I walked over to the bed to see her lying there with her eyes closed looking as if she was sleeping. Her arm was wrapped up and I could see part of her abdomen wrapped too. I held her hand in mine,

"It wasn't supposed to be like this baby. Stay with me. It's me and you against the world remember?" I kissed her hand , "Remember those times when we talked about our future and how we were gonna get married after I got drafted ? I told you I'd put you in the biggest house you could imagine, with a bunch of rooms for our 17 kids. You asked me why 17 , and I told you that's for me to worry about. 17 kids for the amount of years I spent before realizing you were the one for me." I felt her grip my hand tightly before her hand when limp again.

I saw a tear fall down her face, I kissed it away before kissing her forehead and her lips.

"I love you. Be strong, for me." I rubbed her hand with my thumb before leaving the room.

Codeine went in after hyperventalating a bit.

Codeine

"Its your birthday and your in a hospital bed bestfriend ! Your supposed to be getting laid right now." I laughed at myself , "Supposed to be practicing how to make my nieces and nephews." I smiled as I watched her breathe.

She laid still, twitching a few times. I knew that was normal for people while in comas, considering my grandpa died in one a while back. I spent everyday in that hospital watching and waiting in case he woke up.

My best friend . One of the only people I trust, is laying in this house of death on her birthday. Birthdays are supposed to be about celebrating life , but instead we're waiting to see if she'll make it. I really hope she makes it , she's like a sister to me. She's always there for me whenever I need her. Through all my craziness with Kennedy she was the one keeping me sane. She always told me "If you love something you have to set it free, if it comes back to you it's meant to be."

I let Kennedy go before and he came back , over and over again. But maybe, just maybe. I should let him go , for good. It's not meant to be if I keep getting hurt.

Seeing Kemani and Alicia's love makes me want that. The long conversations on the phone late at night , not being able to stay away from each other for too long, the cute moments they share. I want that, but more than anything I wanna be happy and to be happy I have to start fresh.

I know the minute she wakes up and hears me say that she's gonna want to faint and might end up back in this hospital.

"Li , I'm gonna find whoever did this ok? Just stay with me." I said moving her hair away from her face

"Code , it's time to go." Kemani said coming back into the room .

I sighed , "We're gonna find whoever did this right Ke ?" I looked up at him

He sighed looking at her , "I hope so."

Alicia

Oh this ain't supposed to happen to me ..

I'm not sure where I am , but I can't move. My whole body is aching , I just hope I'm alive. I can here voices, I just can't make out who it is or where its coming from.

As I lay here , it's blank. Like I'm in a waiting room , it's all white. It's foggy , but I can see an angel through the fog. I hope this isn't the end, I'm too young to die.

I wanna be forever young.

______

Epilogue's next .

Then I'll make a sequel .

Comment , vote :)