ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

1 April 2005
Approximately 8:19 A.M.
Tokyo, Japan

"Geto Suguru, huh? Your name can be shortened as Sugu, and just add an 'a-r' and you'll have Sugar! Kind of fits because you seem sweet!" You said, looking at the boy as he walked up the stairs with you. He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck with a light blush on his cheeks.

"D-Do I?" He said.

"Yeah! You don't mind me calling you that, do you?" You said, hands behind your back as you awaited his answer. Ghetto shrugged.

"I don't mind," He said, making you smile.

"Great! So, Sugar, you said you're a first year student too?" You asked with a hum.

"Yeah," He nodded. "Do you just give everyone a nickname when you first meet them?"

You laughed, rubbing the back of your head nervously. "Yeaaah, I'm really bad at remembering names, so I just make up nicknames for everyone I meet! I guess I picked that one up from my old teacher!"

"Oh? And what did he call you?" He asked with amusement, hands tucked into his pockets.

Your cheeks heated up, and a pout formed on your lips. "Butterfingers."

Geto couldn't stop the laugh that came from his lips, and he was quick to slap a hand over his mouth, shoulders shaking with his laughter. "Hey!" You barked. "Don't laugh at me!"

"I-I'm sorry! But you have a Kusarigama, don't you? I can only picture you hitting yourself in the head with it!" He laughed, making your face heat up in embarrassment.

"You're so mean! I wasn't that bad!" You crossed your arms over your chest with a huff. "I just...hit stuff I wasn't supposed to a lot. Controlling a chain isn't as easy as it sounds, you know! I'd like to see you throw my Kusarigama and hit the target on the first try!"

"Okay, how about after class? I bet you a hundred yen I could do it," He grinned.

"I bet two hundred you couldn't," You say, returning the grin with a cocked eyebrow. Geto chuckled.

"Alright, deal. After class, we'll head to the training area. I'll have my friend, Satoru, mediate," He said, pulling open the door to the classroom, allowing you to walk in first.

"Okay, sounds like a plan," You said, dropping your bag next to an empty seat.

"Hey, do you mind if I sit next to you?"

Looking up, you see another student, a girl, sheepishly holding her arm. She has long brown hair, and a mole on her cheek, with pretty brown eyes. You smiled, nodding.

"Sure, be my guest. It's not like I could tell you no, it's a free world," You chuckled, holding your hand out. "L/n Y/n."

"I'm Ieiri Shoko," She said, slipping her hand through yours. "Oh, Geto, is Gojo not here?" She asked, turning to the other boy, who shrugged.

"He'll show up late, as usual."

"Actually!--"

The door slid open with a loud bang, making you quickly look up. Another teen boy stood in the door, white hair hanging in front of his face as he glared over the rim of a pair of solid black glasses. He pointed to Geto and grinned.

"--I'm right on time!"

"The bell rang three minutes ago," Geto said.

"Dammit!" The boy snapped, huffing as he walked in. "Almost had it. Anyways, good morning, Geto-kun, Ieiri-kun, and...oh...who're you? You weren't here for orientation, or the first day yesterday."