ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

25 November 2005
Approximately 5:43 P.M.
Fukaura, Japan

“Of all the places he could go, he decides to keep just us locked up in here,”

You groan in aggravation, letting your head fall against the back of the couch with a dramatic huff. Yaga, Ieiri, and Gojo had left, heading back towards Tokyo for the investigation about the Zenin clan. You and Geto were left alone in the seaside shack, much to the both of your displeasures. Not for the fact that you were alone, but for the fact that it was too cold and boring to do anything.

Geto chuckled. He was content for now, seated on the floor near the fireplace reading a novel. He looked over at your bored expression, grinning slightly. “Read or something.”

“Reading is boring,” You whined, rolling off the couch and onto your feet. “If it wasn’t so damn cold, I’d go in the water, but it’s fucking -6 degrees Celcius! This is bullshit, Sugar! They didn’t even really give us anything to do either! How long are we supposed to be here!?”

“We’ll be here until they can get the bounty off you. We have no idea when anyone could come back and try to kill you,” He replied, closing the book. He opened the blanket over his body, offering the empty space. You huffed and sat beside him, letting your head fall on his shoulder. “I know you’re bored and frustrated, Y/n, but we just have to be patient.”

“I don’t have patience, especially for stuff like this,” You mumbled. “I feel like a sitting duck.”

“It’ll be over soon enough,” He said, reopening the book. “Until then, we’ll just have to wait for Yaga-sensei and the others to work this out.”

“At least I’m not alone,” You sighed, running your fingers along the back of his hand, that rested over your knee. “I would have probably left already.”

“That’s exactly why they left me here,” He replied, twisting his hand to slip his fingers between yours. Your cheeks heated up at the action. “They knew I wouldn’t let you, and you’d listen to me.”

“Would I now?” You quipped, quirking a brow. “What makes you think I’ll listen to you? Because of this?” You held up your intertwined hands.

“I’d like to see you try,” He grinned.

“Trust me, Sugar, if I really wanted to,” You moved the book from his hands, leaning forward where your face was close to his. Your fingers brushed along his jawline, and you saw his onyx eyes darken a little. Suddenly, he gasped as your hand was around his throat, fingers pressing into the sides of it. You straddled him, one of his arms wedged between your calf and thigh, the other seized the the wrist.

“I could leave whenever I wanted. You aren’t the one keeping me here,” You purred, voice sultry. “And although it sounds a little harsh; all with our little flirts and such, I’d leave you behind without a second thought if it came down to it. There’s only one person who’s keeping me in the Jujutsu world right now, and, if he weren’t dead, I’d leave.”

“So mean,” He grinned, and you felt your eyes widen as his hand slid from your leg, curling around your own throat. He tugged your head closer to the point you could feel each other’s hot breaths. “But if only you were serious about. I mean, come on, Y/n. Let’s face it, the only reason you’re still here is because you don’t want anyone to get hurt. If you left, then, who would protect everyone? Come on, I know better than that. Do you take me for an idiot, Sunshine?”

You swallowed hard. Geto’s grin never faltered as you let go of his body, replacing your hands to his shoulders as his opposite arm trapped you in his lap. He chuckled, leaning forward. At this point, if your body were to jerk, just by a little, then your lips would be on his.

Shit, this escalated a lot faster than you thought it would. You were panicking internally, and he could tell by the way your face washed with warmth. His eyes flicked down to your lips, before sliding up to meet your gaze. He leaned forward, connecting the gap that was between you.

Your first thought was not to push him away, but how soft his lips were. They were perfect, you thought, as he moved his hand from your throat to your cheek. You moved your lips against his, encouraging him. His hands squeezed your non-injured hip, pulling you impossibly closer. Your stomach fluttered as he pulled back, gazing up at your e/c eyes.

“You’re a pretty good kisser,” He said, making you blush and laugh. He leaned forward to press his lips against your smiling ones, kissing them softly.

“You’re not so bad yourself, Sugar,” You said. Geto smiled.

“I feel bad for not being able to take you to the festival anymore,” He sighed, thumbs rubbing circles into your skin. “I had something planned.”

“Oh? And what was that?” You asked.

“Well, something like this,” He muttered. “I...suppose I could do it now, but, I want to make it special.”

“Special or not,” You said. “Your words will still mean the same.”

“Alright then,” He said. “L/n Y/n, I’ve liked you since I first met you. You’re smart, kind, caring, and a little dumb, but it’s okay because it gives you character. Plus, you’re so fucking pretty its unreal. I...guess what I’m trying to ask is...will you be my girlfriend..?”

You laughed, making his face drop as you quickly apologized. “Sorry! Sorry, I just didn’t expect you to get all nervous right then. Of course, I will be,” You smiled, pinching his cheek.

He swatted your hand away with a playful smile. “Great.”

Later, as you settled in for the night, after calling Yaga for an update, you couldn’t help but feel...something. It was unnerving, to put it into words. You paused by the dresser, eyebrows furrowing together.

“Sugar?” You called out. Soon after, his head was in the doorway.

“Hm?”

“Where’s my kusarigama?”

Geto walked away, and you could hear some things shuffling before he returned with a box. He opened it and reached inside.

“This was the only part of it we found, and it was the part you held,” Geto replied, handing you a cloth.

You unwrapped it, lips pulling into a frown. The blade was cracked and chipped, and there were only eleven links left to the chain. This upset you, and Geto could easily see it in your face. He placed a hand on your back.

“We can get it fixed--”

You cut him off, shaking your head. “No, this can’t be fixed by a normal blacksmith or weapon master. Ira-sensei specially made all of his weapons using a special forge. It was his cursed technique. Creator. He was always tinkering with something. Most of the weapons we use in Jujutsu Sorcery were produced by him.” You ran your hand over the damaged blade. “However, I’ve watched him enough to know how to copy it. It won’t be the same, but I know how. We need to go back to Nikko.”

“You know we can’t leave here,” He said.

“Suguru, you don’t understand,” Again, he jumped at the use of his first name. “All my cursed energy resides in this blade. I’ve worked for years to be able to embed my own cursed technique using this weapon. I’m not going to let it go so easily.”

“Y/n-”

“Please, Suguru,” You said, looking at him. “This...is all I have left of Ira-sensei. This was the only thing allowing me to be a Jujutsu Sorcerer. This is what I swore my life on to him that I would succeed. I’m...nothing without this. So, I will do it. You can either come with me, or you can stay here. The decision is yours, but know that I won’t wait on you.”

Geto sighed, closing his eyes as he rubbed the back of his neck. “You should know I wouldn’t let you go by yourself.”

“Then get your shoes on. We’re leaving now.”

...

i apologize for the confusion, i posted ninenteen before eighteen 🤦‍♀️