ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ

27 November 2005
Approximately 4:16 P.M.
Tochigi Prefecture
Nikko, Japan

warning(s): blood/gore, god-like idealistics, angst, long chapter (over 3k words)

“Come on, Sugar! Do you really want to lose to your girlfriend?”

“Th-This is--ngh--bullshit!”

You laughed, watching your boyfriend struggle to lift himself on the metal bars. Your arms were steady, and you looked down at him, waiting for him. He glared at you, huffing as he pulled himself up.

“Why--shit---the fuck are we using fifty-kilogram weights?!” He exclaimed, looking over at you.

“This is nothing,” You said seriously.

“I think everyone underestimates how strong you actually are,” He sighed, dropping onto the ground. He untied the weights from his legs, watching them thud to the ground. “How the hell are you still doing them? You’ve done at least twenty.”

“Like I said, this is nothing for me,” You replied, pulling yourself up. “Ira-sensei had me doing these every day. But I used heavier weights.”

“I’m now convinced you could crush my head in your thighs,” He stated, looking up at you as you chuckled airly. “Have you ever tried doing it with a watermelon?”

“No, but Shoko tried to get me to do it before,” You said, easing yourself onto the ground, removing the weight from your ankles. “She bet four hundred yen but we couldn’t find a watermelon, so it never happened.”

“You and Shoko scare me,” He said, watching you pick up the kusarigama.

“You don’t even know the half of what she says,” You said, looking over at him. “She once asked me if I could wear shorts just so she could see my thighs. She also took my bra off to hold my b--”

“Okay, okay, I get it!” He cut you off with wide eyes, making you laugh as you threw the blade. The chain snapped back, and Geto saw you quickly jerk your arm to fix the trajectory. You sighed in aggravation, pulling the weapon back into your hand.

“Stupid fuckin’ chain,” You grumbled, storming into the house, Geto trailing after you. You walked down a long hall before entering a workshop-type room. You planted yourself at a desk, letting the weapon clatter onto the table. Geto sat on the stool beside you.

“What are you doing?”

“Adjusting the direction of the links,” You replied. “I need to change them to face west, not east.”

“You sound like you know a lot about this,” He said. You were quiet for a moment, picking up a tool.

“I watched Ira-sensei do it. It’s...what we were doing before...it happened,” You said quietly. “I never told you what happened to him.”

“Y/n, if you’re not ready to talk about it--”

“If I don’t talk about it now, I’ll never tell anyone the truth about what happened that night. The only person who knows about what happened is me, and that sorcerer killer, Fushiguro Toji. Not even Granny Vila knew what happened,” You said. “I never told anybody the full story. It felt like forever ago...but in reality, this only happened a few years ago. I was ten when they showed up.”

So...like this, right?”

You looked over at the older man for guidance. He paused his own actions, looking down at your kusarigama. He turned in his seat, his larger, calloused hands moving over yours.