Prologue

Zim was down at his lab, working on one of his many ideas to conquer and destroy this planet he was sent too. He had been on this planet named Earth for way too long, 1,068 Earth days to be exact. Like many of his ideas over the many days, he believed that this invention would be the key to succeeding in this mission. It's only been a few weeks since he had started on the project, which was more longer then usual. But he did not mind for once, nor did the tallest mind of the lack of recent updates. Zim had just finished on his invention, which he was excited to showcase to the tallest. He was so certain that his invention would please the tallest, that he had inserted a new coding to record any of the calls he had with the tallest a few weeks ago to remember the reaction and praise he would receive. He brought the invention off of the table and towards the screen.

"Computer! Call the tallest! And record the call as well!" Zim yelled to the computer.

"Ughh, fine."

The computer turned on the screen and began ringing the tallests.

On the other side, Purple was eating donuts. As Red stood next to him.

"It's nice to not have to hear from Zim. Maybe he finally gave up." Red said to Purple, while his mouth has stuffed with donuts.

"Mhm! Mahm hm mm hmamy m mnmh!"

"Purple, you know I can't understand you while your mouth is full."

A Irken head symbol flashes on the screen, infront the tallests. Red and Purple look at the screen, before looking back at the Irken who controls on answering and denying the calls.

"Who is it?" Red asks.

"It appears to be from Earth, my tallests." The Irken responses.

Red lets out a sigh, before turning back to Purple.

"I believe we should tell Zim the truth about the mission. It was entertaining at first but now it has become irritating." Red tells Purple.

"Mhm." Purple swallows his donuts in his mouth.

"Answer the call." Red commands the Irken.

"Yes, my tallests." The Irken pressed on a few buttons on the screen, as Zim appears on the larger screen infront of the tallests.

"Hello, my tallests. It's me, Zim! And I made an important invention for the missi-"

"Zim, your mission was a lie." Red said bluntly.

Zim looked at the tallests for a little, his mind trying to understand what he was just told.

"Zim doesn't understand."

"Your mission was fake, Zim. We only sent you off to make you leave us alone. You were meant to die out there. You were never meant stay alive and arrive on Earth. And while we are on the topic of things. You are a DEFECT! And as a defect, murderer of the past tallests, and being overall a irritating person to even talk to, you are here by banished to Earth. Any attempt of coming back to Irk with result to your own death. This is our last call from now on. Goodbye Zim."

The call ended straight after Red said goodbye. Zim stood there infront of the screen, staring at it with his eyes wide open and his mouth agape. He clenched on his invention and threw it hard on the floor, making it fall apart. He began trashing his lab all around, papers, metal, tools, and other miscellaneous items on the floor.

"ZIM IS NOT DEFECTIVE!"

He repeatedly shouted those words to himself while trashing the lab. After his lab was fully trashed, he began laughing alittle, before letting out a hysterical laughter, as tears flowed down his face. He clenched on his sleeves, before sitting on the floor on his legs. Facing the screen.

His PAK legs came out, pressing some buttons on the keyboard infront of the screen, shortly after his laughter being interrupted.

"You are defect!"

He looked up at the screen, his laughter slowly dying down to sobs, as those three words looped endlessly. He laid his body on the cold floor, curling up into a circle, while his mess surrounds him. He had never felt such pain in his life, though he had not been injured by anything. Words. Just words created such pain. The words that are being repeated to him over and over and over again. Not to mention in such a short time span.

He laid on the floor for a few hours, listening to the words that caused him such pain. His eyes still letting out the same amount of tears like he started with, creating a puddle underneath him. He began saying words with the recording towards himself.

"Zim is a defect."