Izuku's Origin (An Extra Chapter)

This chapter takes place right before Izuku is kicked out of his house and becomes homeless.

'It's not fair,' Izuku thought as he travelled to the infirmary for the fourth time that week, gazes filled with disgust and scorn following him as he walked. Just a year ago, this would have been an unimaginable event, he would have only been your average primary-schooler after all, but now, it was a regular occurrence.

'It's not fair that I have to be treated this way.' 

And it truly wasn't. He had done nothing to gain the treatment he was currently receiving. He hadn't insulted anyone, he hadn't done anything shameful, he hadn't done anything, really! And yet, here he was, getting severely bullied, all because he didn't have a goddamn Quirk.

'It's not fair,' Izuku repeated over and over again in his head as he slid the infirmary door open, grasping his wrist with tear-filled eyes, just a moment away from running freely down his cheeks, yet stubbornly hanging onto his bottom eyelids. It was taking nearly all of his concentration to keep the waterworks from running, and yet he would continue to do so until he was all alone, where nobody could see him in such a pitiful state.

He wouldn't let anyone have the satisfaction of seeing him cry.

The infirmary was a small, white-walled room consisting of two beds with open curtains, one desk, a small refrigerator to keep ice in and a medical cabinet. The nurse wasn't there -not that she ever was really, Izuku had seen her smoking behind the school building countless times, it was like she never worked- but it didn't matter: he practically knew the place like the back of his hand by now.

Reaching the medical cabinet, he found it locked, but it was but a small obstacle for him, and the problem easily solved as he whipped out a small bobby pin from the mess he called his hair and picked the simple lock within seconds, opening the small door with a small creak afterwards.

Reaching for the sterile gauze, he ripped the small, transparent plastic packet containing it open and took out the roll, making sure it wasn't defective or expired.

When he was sure the gauze was good to go, he used his left hand to slide his opposing sleeve back, revealing a small laceration that was still bleeding. It had probably bled on the ground too as he had travelled, but he didn't really care much about that. That was the janitor's problem.

Making sure the cut was clean of any dirt or debris, he then wrapped the gauze around his wrist, face scrunching as it made contact with the wound and caused a stinging sensation, unpleasant but not unbearable, yet nothing a child his age -he was eight for god's sake!- should know how to deal with.

After he had wrapped over a few times, he grabbed a pair of scissors from the cabinet and cut the gauze, using medical tape to secure it in place. He applied pressure on the tape for around half a minute to ensure it stayed on, then placed everything back inside and re-locked the cabinet.

With his wound dealt with, Izuku chose a corner hidden from the entrance of the infirmary, leaned against the wall, crouched down, and let his tears flow free.

His body wracked with sobs as he screamed internally, holding his head and gritting his teeth with agitation.

'I didn't ask to be born this way! I never wanted to be Quirkless! So why, just why do I have to suffer for something I cannot control?'

Rage bubbled up inside his chest, a hot feeling of anger spreading across his body, making his fists clench tight and toes curl against the inner soles of his shoes. he thought of his friends, who abandoned him immediately after he told them he was Quirkless, he thought of the teachers, who ignored him being bullied even if it was happening right in front of their eyes, he thought of Kacchan, who was more than a friend, a brother even, to him, scowling at him whenever their eyes met, explosions in his palms as he growled at him for being a useless Deku.