1. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 "𝘿𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝘿𝙖𝙩𝙚"

"Devon, you've known me your whole life. Just go on this double date just once. Who cares about middle school?" Nya always had a way of persuading me into doing things with her. I didn't want to go because Kobe would be there. Apparently, Jiyare's homeboy was Kobe Banks. Nya knew and didn't tell me until the last minute.

"You literally waited until we walked into the mall to tell me that Kobe was gonna be here." Nya began to give me those puppy eyes. I wasn't going to fall for her shit this time.

"You can go in, Imma just go to a different part of the mall. You got me fucked up thinking imma go on a date with him."

"You deadass doing the most right now Devon, we're only in here till the movie starts. I wouldn't do you dirty." We are supposed to go see this new movie about some woman who has this parasite in her and now everyone is all crazy. I don't like psychological movies but I would watch it with her. She might be sharp but she's sensitive.

"How about this, I chill in the car while y'all do whatever and I'll be in the theater by the time it starts?" I look at my Apple Watch and notice we've been having this conversation for almost 10 minutes.

"Dev, please just come in and you can unfriend me after, I've put this date off for almost a month now and I won't be able to go on one next week."

I would never leave her unattended with some random niggas she didn't know. But she knows Jiyare but is it trustworthy with her? She's lucky I'm not a fake friend. A fake friend would leave her ass.

"Ight, let's make it quick. I got work in the morning." She grabbed my hand and dragged me through the mall to the food court. There's Jiyare and Kobe chilling at the table. Jiyare's staring at his phone like he's waiting for her to come. Kobe's got his Arizona in his hand looking around.

"JIYARE! KOBE! WE ARE HERE!" They both dart their eyes at us. including the rest of the food court. I shuffled quickly to the table they were eating at.

"Sorry we're late," she glances at me. "We had traffic on the way here."

She covered her ass with that lie because I would've just said I didn't want to come.

"Yeah." Kobe looks at me in interest. I forgot I haven't seen him since 8th grade. Maybe my voice has changed since then.

"You've changed I see." Kobe smirks and laughs. His teeth are pearly white and straight. Seems as though the braces worked for him.

"Yeah." I force a laugh because I'm distraught about being with him again. Kobe and I have known each other since kindergarten. I guess we drifted apart during elementary. He was a part of that crew, you know? He didn't switch up but he never had time for me anymore. I got over it though.

"Y'all ready to go?" Jiyare got up and put his arms around Nya. Took a glance at his fake Rolex. "The movie starts in like 40 minutes. Let's go about our ways and meet at the theater arcade so we can go in together."

"Ight, let's head out." Kobe put his hands in his hoodie and got close to me to walk. We walked out the food court and headed towards the open mall. It had 2 stories and was notorious for the fights.

"Me and Nya are gonna head to Vans store. Y'all do y'all ight?" He glanced at Nya and smiled. They began to turn around and walk towards the left side of the mall. He turned around and said something to us. "And uh yall catch up with each other, it's been like what, 3 years?"

"We will." Kobe said back. Nya and Jiyare walked off and left. Kobe faced me. "Where you wanna go?"

"I don't really care. Up to you." I shrugged and watched him look at the mall guide as if he was a tourist from out of town.