《Twenty-second encounter》

The way he looks at you

The way he looks at you . . . 

He loves you . . .

***

Xiao Zhan's POV

Pacing through the room, Zhouxuan stared at me, an amused smile playing around her lips as she sipped from her second cup of coffee that she just made.

"You deny something is bothering you, yet you pace through this room like the world is going to end in a few minutes; I might not know you as well as Yibo, bunny, but I am not stupid." I sighed, continuing my pacing, letting my thoughts race about Fanxing's words.

"It's okay if you don't wish to talk about it, but please sit down because your annoying pacing is starting to work on my nerves," she said, and I turned around to her; she had an eyebrow raised with a smile plastered on her lips that made me stop.

"Now, sit down and take a deep breath; you sure you don't need coffee?" I shook my head for the third time at this question, taking place opposite of her as I stared at my hands that lay in my lap, thinking.

After coming back from the orphanage, I hadn't told Zhouxuan what Fanxing told me, but it bothered me, was Zanjin really up to something evil?

And would Zhouxuan's opinion be clouded due to the hatred I felt between them?

I sighed deeply, staring at the wooden table that once had my parents and me seated at, eating happily without worries, and yet, here I was, in this cobweb with no way around, no turn.

"Zhouxuan?" She hummed as she sipped from her coffee, her nails ticking against the table, softly in a steady rhythm.

"Do you know Zanjin?" She coughed, looking up, shoving her coffee a bit away from her; the sudden different aura she emitted bought me worries as I played with my fingers.

"Yes, I used to know him." Her expression was icy; her playful tone was gone, her gaze obscure again.

"Can I ask what happened between the two of you?" I bit my lower lip, my finger tumbling over each other in my lap as Zhouxuan's eyes bore through mine as if she was trying to look into my soul.

"It's a long story that goes way back, but it isn't between 'the two of us', it's actually 'the three of us', and I don't think I need to explain who the third person is, do I?" I shook my head, Yibo.

"So, long story short, there is a way longer history behind that bottle of pills than the eye meets, you could see it like the story has two different parts, one is the pills, the other . . ." She trailed off, her eyes avoiding me.

I waited for her, "the other part is about robots and human experiments." My body went cold at these words as Zhouxuan's eyes met mine, "do you want me to continue?" My mind said no, my mouth said yes.