《Thirty-second encounter》

"I will roam this world, with Shuanghua and exorcise evil with Xingchen

"I will roam this world, with Shuanghua and exorcise evil with Xingchen . . . 

When he awakes, I will tell him . . . 

I am sorry, it was not your fault . . ."

***

Wang Yibo's POV

There was this void inside me; it was gaping and waiting to get filled.

My body felt heavy, but I couldn't open my eyes, somewhere floating between life and death.

Memories floated in front of my eyes as I felt the wind rustling past me.

When I opened my eyes, all I saw were flames surrounding me, different voices were screaming and crying, but I couldn't identify where they came from; it was surrounding me.

All my eyes saw were the flames that crept closer and closer, my chest heaving up and down in a slow rhythm.

The flames crept towards the ceiling, and slowly I turned my head, only to see five small kids hugging one another tightly; my chest tightened together at that sight.

Their faces were blurry, or perhaps it was my sight that was clouded, but I couldn't see who they were; I took a sharp breath, unable to move away from my place.

Soft sobbing filled my ears as I looked down at myself; only then did I notice the flames had also found their way on my clothes, almost elegantly dancing their way up.

The pain didn't register while the flames closed the kids and me in, creeping up my sleeves, yet I was unable to move, only to think and look.

My head felt dense as if a fog was in there, and I felt my hand tremble when the flames came too close to the children who still hadn't stopped sobbing, and some of them held one another, softly rocking them.

I want to sit down with them, help them, anything to soften the pain, but I knew they weren't even able to see me, and even if they were, I wouldn't be able to move.

A shudder went down my body as suddenly one of the kids looked up, his gaze was sharp and one I would recognize out of thousands.

Our eyes found one another, and for a fracture of a moment, I would claim he looked at me before another boy who was cradling him called his -our-name quietly, "Yibo."

"Haikuan ge . . ." My voice was nothing more than a whisper as I suddenly was able to move, I stretched my hand out to touch them, reassure them, but the scenery faded.

From one to another moment, I heard a piercing cry before realizing it was me who screamed my lungs out; I fell to the ground, my scream stopped halfway as tears trickled their way down my face.