Ch.18 Good Start

Her eldest brother managed to teach her useful skills. Blood bending, plant bending, and cloud bending. To Y/n, cloud bending was the most difficult to do. Clouds were so far up there, she could only manipulate small portions of the cloud if she could reach it. He promised he would help her get better with that when he returned.

She was confident she was one of the strongest in 1-A. And this was her moment—her moment to show the world that.

The UA Sports Festival was her opportunity to show how much stronger she is compared to everyone else.

She was waiting at the start line for the first event. She wondered if her or Shoto would win this, as if she knew it would be one of them.

"START!"

Y/n sprinted. She wanted to use her quirk as little as possible. One of the tips her brother gave was to avoid giving away the abilities of her quirk, it would be useful later on. She decided on just pretending her quirk was a cloud type one. It wasn't a very good coverup—to her it felt very similar. She could make a storm cloud, and it would be her normal water and electricity quirk. She could possibly fool everyone to thinking it was a weather manipulation quirk. She used the moisture in the air and made a very dense cloud. She hopped on to it and lifted herself high above everyone else. She noticed giant robots show up—the same ones from that were in the entrance test. She listed herself high above them, she seemed like another cloud to the students below.

"Woooh, an advantage..." Y/n whispered as she smiled down at the other students below. She was proud, and hoped her father was watching her. She wanted everyone in the world that Y/n L/n would be the next 1# pro hero. Yes, the future 1# hero would be her. Everyone needed to know. She looked to the wide blue sky above and her smile widened, her teeth showing. She felt free (tatakae).

Something took her away from her long yet short moment of peace. Someone's quirk, perhaps. She knew that she was ahead and way above, past the robots. She screamed as she fell. Her mind was as blank as a paper from a brand new sketch book. Her body was limp. It seemed unrealistic as she fell. Then there was a large thump and crack.

A wet sounding crack coming from not just one place.

Sharp pains followed the cracks.

"AhhhhhhHAAAH!!" She cried. She tried to get up off her stomach, yet she couldn't. It was a numb pain to her skin but sharp pains in her bones. She heard a loud "Ooh..." of pity from the audience watching. She fought the pain and got up. She had to hand on her wobbly and aching legs as she gathered what water she could get. Many people ran past her, some staring at her feeling sorry, others feeling glad that she was being left behind.

Y/n got onto the cloud once again and rose above everyone else. She was sure she'll be first, but she was way behind at this point. She kneeled on the cloud and kept smaller ones beside her in the case that she fell. She looked down and saw that her knee was beginning to swell. She avoided looking at it; it made her feel sick.

That portion of the festival was simple for her. In the end, she finished fifth. Many people thought she would have gotten first if only no one shot her down.

"Ahh~" Someone said behind Y/n. She turned quickly to easily spot Mineta getting off Yaoyorozu's back.

"Not only do you have the perfect thighth, big butt, tykinny waitht, and big boobth, you're tho thtwong!"

Y/n looked down at him, disgusted. "There must be something wrong with your eyes, Grape Boi, because I look normal and like every other girl. What you're describing is some chick who spent well over half a million on fillers and implants." She rolled her eyes as she walked away. Mineta felt embarrassed.