Ch.7 Faith in You

Love is something strange, it has strange symptoms. Although he knew she was capable of protecting herself, his heart fought in a vicious battle with his mind, but still managed to win and take over. He knew very well what she was capable of, her mental and physical strength, yet he still worried for her. It lingered in his mind, coming up with every thought he had.

It was the same for her, too, but she turned a blind eye to it.

The sound of water swishing around filled her ears. The sound waves of someone else falling in deeply ran through the liquid-water, her ears taking in the vibrations. She quickly swam over to who she recognized as Deku. The green fluff for hair is what gave his identity away, and thankfully, it was at the moment he needed to be recognized. She harshly snatched his arm, digging her fingernails deep in to his firm arm which was covered with the PE shirt sleeve. She saw straight ahead of her was a threatening villain whose quirk was involved with a hammerhead shark. She swiftly whirled bubble curlicues that were quickly rising to the surface of the water, pushing the two teen-agers upwards. They were launched out of the water with a large splash before being softly let down on the boat. There, they met with Tsu and Mineta.

"Glad to see you guys are okay, ribbit." Tsu pointed her index finger to her chin, giving off a cute look. Deku coughed out the water that he inhaled when he had fallen. "Yeah, thanks to L/n. Do we have any idea how we're going to get passed these villains?" Deku asked. His green eyes were focused over the edge of the training boat, or at least, focused on the little he could see over the boat's edge. Y/n stood from her soaked seat—but she remained somewhat dry—to look over to the water with a myriad of villains. "I'll get you guys!!" One yelled harshly, scratching his throat with his own loud voice. She stared down at them unamused and with a bored expression. Her eyebrows were slightly raised and her eye lids were halfway down in a calm way like Shoto's, covering part of her beautiful irises. There was a sudden uncomfortable touch on her behind. "Your butt is so round and soft, L/n, perfect for stress relief."  Mineta said. Y/n grew furious and manipulated the water already on the deck to make a water whip. She slapped him in the face. "Good one." Tsu said as she watched Mineta fly to the other side of the boat while Deku watched with a somewhat scared face. He shook his head quickly to get back to what he needed to say.

"Okay, we need a plan to defeat those villains-"

"Oh? Is that what we're worried about? Gee, you really underestimate me, Midoriya." Y/n said as she placed one hand on her hip and the fingertips of her other on her temple as she shook her head in disappointment. Deku furrowed his eyebrows. "I...I didn't underestimate you! I just needed a plan." Deku waved his hands around to reassure her that he had faith in her. Y/n chuckled. She crossed her arms and smiled at the broccoli boy. "I was kidding. Anyway, I have an idea."

~~

"Come down here you little turds!!" One of the water villains yelled from below. They saw Y/n slowly rise and look over from the edge and smile at them. "Aw, thanks for the invite!" She jumped down to the water in a diving position. The villains were a bit taken-aback by her actions, but started swimming towards her sloppily anyway. Y/n smirked as she splashed into the water with the criminals. "Finally gotcha!!" One yelled from underneath the water. That's what you think

Y/n manipulated the water so there was only a tube-shaped area with all the villains, the rest of the water was backed away from it, leaving air all around. "What the?!" A villain attempted to swim right out of Y/n's rat-trap, but found he was unable to. "Prepare your butts for just the tiniest shock."

The villains looked at her with dread and fear, knowing well that when she said a little zap, she meant electrocution. "Mineta! Tsu!" She yelled before a pale blue lightning shot from her mostly covered hands. It wasn't enough to kill them, only enough to disable them or possibly knock them out. Tsu leaped out from the ship while holding Mineta with her arm and Deku with her tongue. "I won't let you down, L/n!" Mineta yelled with a panic-stricken voice. He tore and popped off many of his sticky balls, going well over his limit causing him to bleed from his head. Y/n swirled the cylinder so the villains were caught and stuck together by Mineta's balls. Y/n ran on the muddy ground of the bottom of the man-made lake as the ship destructed from the commotion. She used the extra water to bring her over to her group.

"Wow, nice move L/n, ribbit." Tsu complimented. The four of them watched as Mr. Aizawa fought off all the villains, and it seemed to them that he will defeat them all and take out the 'final boss'. They debated whether or not they should jump in to fight alongside their teacher.

~*+*~

Shoto stood by the villains that were frozen, making sure that none of them escaped although he deeply doubted they could. He wanted answers out of them, but all they answered with was to kill All Might. The villains were only a small fraction of his hundreds of thoughts, though. They were in the back of his head, the situation was in the back of his head. The only thing he had thought about was Y/n and if she was doing okay. It frustrated him that he kept worrying when he knew she was "experienced" and skillful enough to get by in the danger. It suddenly came to him that that was what love was, it was care, but a deeper care than the care of a friend, and to feel you must protect them and have them by your side. Yes, that's what Shoto came to believe. It was his love for her.

Shoto sighed and stood up, muttering something so nearby villains couldn't hear and tease him about it.

"I'll have faith in you, (Nickname)."