Flight Test

The days went by and after Tony showed you to the world, walking in the city wasn't the same anymore because now many people would come over to you and asked questions or took pictures, gladly Happy was with you for protection and Tony was holding your hand to comfort you. You were out with him before but no one saw you or he waited in the car but you were happy that you can walk with him more often in the city now.

Today you were in the workshop, like always and your father is about to make another test round.

"Day 11, test 37, configuration 2.0. For lack of better option, Dummy is still on fire safety. If you douse me again, and I'm not on fire, I'm donating you to a city collage" he said and you laughed a bit. "And you cut that laughing now or you can join him" he said pointing to Dummy with a smile and got in position. "All right, nice and easy. Seriously, just gonna start off with 1% thrust capacity. Princess, count for me"

"All right, three, two, one!" you shout and got behind a desk.

He got up but didn't kissed the wall again. He hovered over the ground and tried to get balance. He did that for a few seconds and got back on the ground. You clapped your hands and run over to him and he picked you up.

"That was the best test round so far. Without your help it would have never worked" he said and put you back down. "Another test?"

You throw your arms in the air.

"ANOTHER TEST" you yelled and making him laugh.

He got back in position and took a deep breath. He looked at you and you gave him thumbs up.

"And again, let's bring it up to 2.5. Princess, your part"

"Three, two, one!"

He got up again but now he was hovering around. He tried to get balance and got now dangerous near to the cars.

"Okay, this is where I don't want to be! Oh, not the car, not the car" he said and now he was over some tables and the papers were flying everywhere.

One landed directly on your face. You quickly got it off and saw Tony close to you now.

"No, not my princess" he said and he stopped quick sighing in relief and was now flying backwards. "Could be worse! Could be worse! We're fine! Okay"

He got in a stable position and got back on the ground. The Dummy was about to get in position as well.

"No! Uh-uh! Uh-uh! Uh!" Tony warned him and looked back at you. "Yeah, I can fly"

You run to him and hugged him. He hugged you back and kissed the top of your head.

"When can I get mine?" you asked and made your special puppy face he can't say now to. He chuckled and gave you another kiss on the forehead.

"I knew you were going to ask that one day. Come, I have something for you" he said and dragged me to a free place in the workshop. "Alright baby, now hold your arms up on your sides and close your eyes"

You did what he told you and closed your eyes tight. You heard some machine noise and felt something on your body.

"Okay, open" he said and you opened your eyes.

He stood before you with his suit on. When you looked at yourself you gasped.

You wore a suit!

You squealed and heard your father laughing.

"THANK YOU DADDY!"

"No proplem sweetie, ready to test?" he asked and you nod eagerly. "You will not fly this thing on your own. I will control it and you will fly on my side the whole time. So, don't worry, nothing bad can happen" he said and put on your mask then his. "Jarvis, are you there?"

"At your service, sir"

"Engage Heads Up Display"

"Check"

"Import all preferences from home interface"

"Will do sir"

Now your mask turned on too and it was so amazing. The suit analyzed everything in the workshop.

"What do you say Princess?"

"Lets do it!" you said and put your arm up with a fist.

"Okay, ready in three, two, one"

You took off and started flying outside. You both were cheering and screaming.

"Handles like a dream. Do you like it?" he asked you were whooping even more and louder. "I take that as a 'yes'" you were flying around and you were just amazed and full of adrenaline. "Let's see what this thing can do"

You didn't hear much because you were screaming so much and felt how you got higher and higher until you heard Jarvis.

"Sir, you have Y/n with you as well"

"Oh sh- God, I forgot" and now everything went off.

You started to fall and screamed full of fear because you couldn't hear Tony nor Jarvis. You called for their names repeatedly, but nothing. You started to breath heavily and could hear someone call out your name. Then everything went black.

Oh shit! I am so dumb. Tony was just so hyped and wanted to test the limits when he forgot he also had you with him.

He could hear all your screaming and started to panic when it stopped.

"We iced up, Jarvis! Deploy flaps! Jarvis! Come on, we got to break the ice! I can't hear Y/n anymore!"

He pulled something on his suit and the ice got off. Next, he got to you and did the same. Before you could hit the ground Tony started flying again. He was holding you in his arms and got back home and was hovering over the roof. 

"Kill power" he said and thought he would land on the roof smoothly but instead fell trough it with you. Holding you tight, he landed on one of his cars.

He got up and put laid you on the ground gently, taking off your mask he saw your eyes were still closed.

"Princess?" he gentle shakes you but nothing happend. "Jarvis, is she okay?"

"Yes sir, it was a bit to much for her body and she passed out but I can't see any other harms"

"Oh thank God" he whispered and rested his head on your chest.

He got you out of the suit and laid you on the couch. Then he got rid of his too.

He picked you back up and got to his bedroom. He changed you in some pajamas and got one of you stuffies from your room, laying you on his bed he wrapped you in a warm blanket.

When he stood in the bathroom he looked at himself in the mirror and facepalmed.

"How could I forget she was with me? I'm a terrible father" he sighed and washed his face then got back to his bedroom.

He got on the bed and looked at you, tracing his finger over the already patched scratch you got. You looked so exhausted but happy at the same time.

He pulled you closer to him and just held you. You were the only thing he could think of now.

"I love you, Princess" was the last thing he said before drifting off to sleep.