thirty two.

Colby's POV

Waiting for Sophia to return was like madness. I was wondering if they were fighting, being friendly, or had wound up just murdering each other.

After a few hours, the front door creaked open and Sophia walked in unbruised.

"Tell me you didn't kill her," I jumped up from the lounge couch and walked over to her.

"Colby! I'm not a damn criminal!" She said, smacking my arm.

"Then what happened?" I asked her.

She told me about how she took Emily to Planned Parenthood, how she stood up for her and even offered her a bit of friendship. To say I was shocked was an understatement.

"Wow Soph. That's amazing!" I said happily.

"Yeah, I feel bad for her. But not bad enough for you to be in contact with her, so watch it." She said.

"I know, I know!" I said defensively.

"Thank you." She nodded in approval.

"What do you say we...Do something fun today?" I asked her.

"Like what?" She asked me.

"I don't know, go to a movie, go to the beach, whatever you feel. You've had a rough couple of months and today was a trip for you. You deserve it." I said, taking her hand.

"Hmm...I like that idea. How about we get some snacks and have a picnic on the beach?" She gave me puppy eyes.

"I think that's manageable!" I smiled, leaning down to instinctively kiss her. She kissed me back and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I missed this being normal.

"HI!" Isabel said loudly, causing us to break apart.

"Hi Is," Sophia giggled.

"I need all of the tea." She said.

"Okay, come with me to get ready for Colby and I to hang out. I'll tell you everything," Her voice got further away as they ascended the steps.

My girl.

You'll be my girl again soon.

———————————————

Sophia's POV

I spent the next hour and a half getting ready, being excited for this small date, and telling Isabel what happened with Emily.

"So you trust her now?" She asked me.

"Oh hell no. I do feel terrible for her though. She's going through this without an active father and she's convinced James will come around. I know he won't, Isabel. I may not like her, but I don't want her getting hurt by him again, especially while pregnant." I said.

"This coming from the girl who told Emily she would beat the fuck out of her if she wasn't pregnant." She laughed at me.

"Look, yeah I would if I had to," I chuckled, "But knowing how badly James hurt both of us and what a monster he is, I can't stand the possibility of her getting hurt or dying at the hands of him. He's horrible." I said honestly.

"I guess you're right. Where is she now?" She asked me.

"Home. I took her back to her house. It was weird though, especially because she told me I would never have to worry about her again," I raised my brows.

"Maybe she finally got the message," Isabel shrugged.

"We can only hope." I said, pulling jean shorts over my bikini bottoms.