𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 | 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐮 𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐚 ★

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

↱                                                                   ↰
shikamaru nara x gn reader fluff.
requested by: me
↳                                                                   ↲

Second person POV:

You were a spontaneous person, and Shikamaru knew that. He cared a lot about you, wether he wanted to admit it or not, so he chose to go along with your plans most of the time to make you happy.

But, the same phrase followed him around throughout the hang-out session.

"What a drag. Today you want to watch the clouds with me? I thought you hated cloud watching since you found it too boring."

He was right, you could never pay attention, nor stay in one spot for too long. But since you cared a lot about Shikamaru, you wanted to try something new, something he liked.

"I don't hate it, don't be such a drag," you chuckled, "if you have enough time... let's go!"

The black haired man had to turn his head to hide his tired smile, and slightly pink cheeks.

"I have 40 minutes, let's hope this isn't a drag." He mumbled, hoping you wouldn't complain throughout it all.

You grabbed his hand with a mellow smile, pulling him out of his door frame.

"I'm kind of excited to do this, since you're always busy these days," you depressingly sweatdropped. Shikamaru faintly held onto your hand while looking at the blue coloured sky.

He looked at the sky while you looked at him in anticipation. The Nara boy sighed before flicking your forehead.

"Even if I'm busy, you'll always be my number one priority. Just tell me if something is bothering you and I'll try my best to help," Shikamaru claimed.

You gaped, not used to the boy comforting you. Sure, he would attempt to help rise up your mood, but normally he would just dampen it or make it a little worse.

Squeezing his hand tighter, you let out a soft exhale. "Thanks Shika, but you're helping me just be being here so don't worry too much."

You laugh some more while walking to the spot where he liked to go cloud watching with Chojj. It was definitely a new experience to have Shikamaru comfort you, and a new experience for him also, he had always wanted to go cloud watching with his significant other.

Too bad you couldn't stay in one soft for too long, but that's fine, he loved you either way.

When you two had got there, there were only a few clouds left in the sky.

Still, you would lay down beside your boyfriend for the next 10 minutes, silently watching the three clouds float by.

He looked at you once, seeing your intrigued face watching the clouds, it brought a small smile to his face.

Today was a hard day, being a chunin in general was hard. Especially after the war and having to rebuild many things.

Shikamaru was glad to have you, even if he couldn't express it well with words or actions. He tried his hardest, as a chunin, and as a partner.

He only had a few more minutes left until he had to leave, being the hokage's advisor meant little time to have fun, or do much in general.

Not that Shikamaru wanted to have "fun" anyways.

Your face felt like it heated up when he sighed through his face and gently held your cold hand. He wasn't much for physical touch, so it warmed your heart that he was trying this much for you.

"This is pretty stupid if you ask me, why are you so intrigued by some clouds?" He asked with a smirk.

You rolled your eyes, "Shouldn't I be asking the same thing? Mr. 'I wish I could be a cloud.'"

He just side eyed you, as you lay there with a triumphant grin, knowing you won.

He could probably retaliate and win, but was too lazy to. But you still counted that as a win for you.

"You can be so annoying at times... But thanks for going cloud watching with me today," He said as the last cloud evaporated into nothingness, "I enjoyed it, watching your face contort into sheer awe because of a normal cloud-"

"To be fair, most of the clouds were shaped weirdly! Like one looked like a bunny."

"Why do I even bother? It's too much of a drag to even attempt to compliment you."

"Oh, yeah, thanks for the compliment! I liked cloud watching with you, it was pretty entertaining, so let's do it again sometime, ok?" you asked, turning to look at Shikamaru.

He looked at you with a slightly soft look, "Yeah yeah, I'll try my best to clear my schedule for Sunday next week, how about that?"

"Mhm, sounds good." You stood up, ushering your partner to take your hand.

He took it with a grimace, "Has it already been 40 minutes?"

"Yep. You should head back to Kakashi-san, last thing I want is for him to be petty to me for making you late, and giving me a hard mission or something," You rant.

The boy chuckled with a thoughtful look on his face, it seems pretty likely for the silver haired male to do something like that.

"Ok then, I better get going, see you tomorrow... maybe." Shikamaru trailed off.

You on the other hand, just stood there with a hand in the air, waving goodbye at him. There was a 30% chance you'll see him tomorrow, but you couldn't care less, you'd hold onto that 30% chance tightly, as would he.

"Let's go cloud watching again soon."

"Haha. Clouds are great."

A/n:
I just had this random urge to write for Shikamaru, so I did it, and this chapter is so shortttt. I honestly don't know if anyone reads my story but yeah, hope you enjoyed :)