Wonderwall [@originalverbivore]

WonderwallA Young Adult Short Storyby originalverbivore

Wonderwall
A Young Adult Short Story
by originalverbivore

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"There was Melody, who sang her way into my heart.
Kendra, the boldest girl of all.
Summer, the brightest and girliest girl I'd ever met.
Belle, who made me fall in love with so much more than just her spirit.
And Dawn, who understood me like no one ever could."

Wonderwall: (n) Someone you find yourself thinking about all the time, someone you're infatuated with.

Wonderwall is a lovely story told in parts, recounting love through the ages, its inspiring message the heart which beats within each word. I had the incredible privilege of first reading this short story a couple of years ago as part of a Wattpad contest, and it has remained one of my favorites to come back to when I'm seeking a quick, but heart-warming, read.

The concept, the voice, and the execution complete this beautifully wrapped package and I loved reading of the origins of Eli's love for each of the five girls who'd had an impact on his heart, and character. Each entry is relatively short, and this book can easily be read in a night or two.

N:B: If you're a reader who tends to skip over author notes, I encourage you not to do so in regards to the message included at the end of this story. It's brief, and while touching on what made each woman of Eli's past so special, it also delivers an encouraging message for you, the reader.

Snuggle up with Wonderwall, and let Eli take your heart on a journey tonight.

★★★★