VI: Febreze, Wizard Edition!

Nico laid in bed, staring up at the canopy of his four poster bed. Then he sneezed.

Is it just me, Nico thought bitterly when he sneezed once again, or is this place dustier than a disintegrated monster?

When Nico first arrived, Emily took a broom closet and put an extension charm on it, growing it to five times it size. She then transfigured the brooms into a bed, wardrobe, night stand and chair, while Nico chased Flich, the grumpy caretaker, away from his "favorite broom closet," even though it was clear that it hadn't been used in years.

Nico trudged out of bed and went to the corner of the room, where a bottle Febreze stood. Nico started aggressively pumping the bottle, and the air magically cleared. He wondered if this Febreze was a special wizard beta version- after all, Febereze hadn't been invented (or at least introduced into the Muggle world) until 1996.

"Looks like this bish empty," said Nico, twirling the empty Febreze can. "YEET!"

Nico had been practicing his vines.

Nico wasn't exactly sure what he was aiming for, but it felt satisfying to see it smack against the wall. It was a bit sad, however, to see it shatter and have what little Febreze mixture left in there land in Nico's eye.

He hurled himself towards the nightstand, where a jug of water stood, and dumped his face inside. He sighed in relief as the Febreze was washed away from his eye.

Yes, this is what an insomniac does when he cannot sleep.

Nico sighed and sat at his desk, pulling out his notebook from the desk drawer. He opened it to the first page, and scrawly writing appeared: Who asks to enter the book? Nico smiled ruefully and wrote with his quill, The names di Angelo, Son of Hades, Prince of the Underworld, Guardian of the Athena Parthenos, Ghost King, Banisher of Minos. He gripped his quill as he added, younger brother of Bianca di Angelo.

The book grew brighter and grew until Nico was floating in space, empty except for the words floating by. He skipped through the older notes- tracking Daedalus to exchange a soul for a soul, Achilles and the River Styx, to a couple years later about the Doors of Death. He finally got to his most recent notes, about his new quest. If it could be called a quest. After all, there was no prophecy.

And before you're wondering, the book was not made with wizarding magic. Nico and Emily found out pretty quickly that Nico was no wizard. When Emily offered him a spare wand, it started heating up and smoking. It somehow got stuck to Nico's hand too, and it took a lot of effort for Emily to pull it off. The wand chooses the wizard, but according to Emily, it would never react that violently if Nico wasn't chosen.

The son of Hades actually found the notebook in the forest when he ran from Camp Half-Blood. It was laying on a rock, spread open to the first page, which bore the words Property of the Half-Blood Prince. Well, I'm a son of Hades, Nico defiantly thought. I'm the prince of the Underworld, and I'm a half-blood too. The moment Nico touched the book, all the words disappeared, replaced with Hello. It seems you finally found my gift. But to receive this, a bit of two-step verification is required. So please do, write a word, any word, so I can see your handwriting?

Nico did not understand how a book could see anything, much less his hand writing, but he took the quill and wrote a random word. The book seemingly accepted his delicate scrawl and attached itself to Nico's chest.

But it seems you aren't equipped yet. My former owner which you have yet to meet knows this. So here, have your standard outfit, the book's voice echoed in Nico's head. Nico's old clothes switched to an aviator jacket and ripped black jeans.

Since I'm a son of Hades, it automatically means I have to dress like an emo? Nico thought to the book.

Well, you chose that, not me.

Nico was slightly confused by that sentence, but whatever.

Nico returned to the present- or maybe past- time travel is confusing- and grabbed the section of words about one of the unknown variables, the only one he had found so far. His name was Sirius Black, and was part of a long line of wizards-only, a pureblood in wizard terms. He was in Gryffindor rather than Slytherin like the rest of his family, and was best friends with James Potter (Quidditch star), Peter Pettigrew (it was strange that he even ended up in the group), and Remus Lupin. Nico knew Lupin was a werewolf. He was honestly surprised that Black didn't know that. Or anyone, really. Nico heard students talking disparagingly about werewolves, so they probably knew the signs of one.

Well, it was a full moon. The werewolf would most likely head to the forest to transform there. He might even lead Nico to Medusa. Medusa had turned a professor to stone already. Although they were only wizards, Medusa was suddenly attracted to them, and it was probably with the combination of the unknown variables, Emily, and himself that attracted the monstrous creature.

So yes, Nico would be looking for the transformed werewolf. The wolf would lead him to Medusa, since monsters naturally head towards each other. Once they were together, he could trick them into tearing each other apart and both problems would be solved.

But what about the Snape with the Elixir of the Unknown? His brain whispered.

Well, he seemed smart and crafty. He probably wouldn't use it on the night that he got it, he was smarter than that, Nico reasoned. Nico could easily swipe it tomorrow, after he dealt with the two monsters.

Nico slipped out the door, not knowing that Snape would indeed use it tonight. 

997 words.

I know I promised an update package today, but I'll post the first two chapters right now and the rest a little later in the day. 

My friend sadly did not read this because I didn't ask her, so please point out any mistakes.

Meme of the day (not really a meme but whatever):