The speech

She took in his manly scent tinged with the musky, fruity notes of his Creed perfume. It never failed to seduce her senses and want to kiss him all over. She turned to press her lips on him when a familiar voice announced its approach.

"Iris! Alex! I've been looking all over for you, guys. What are you doing here?" Jo said with excitement, then turned to scan the paintings. "Oh my god, Alex, is this your exhibition?"

"Hey Jo, yes, it is. Have a look around," he said, "Who's your friend?" he gestured at the guy beside Jo.

"Oh sorry, this is Justin. We met at the lobby, surprised that we came as Sherlock Holmes and his girlfriend, Irene Adler... um, but we just met." She grinned. "Justin, meet my friends Alex and Amanda, better known as Iris around this ship."

"Hey man, I haven't officially opened the exhibit, but feel free to look around." Alex said.

"Wow, these works are fascinating. Congratulations, man." Justin said.

"You totally rock, Alex." Jo said.

"Thank you. Why don't we all go to the event hall and get our seats for the program? I heard it has started," Alex said.

"I hope you don't mind if I join your table? I came by myself." Justin said.

Amanda felt an amorous air flowed between Jo and Justin. The guy looked ruggedly handsome and taller than Jo. They made a nice couple, she thought.

"Of course, Justin. I'm really happy that Jo found her Sherlock tonight." Amanda teased. "Let's go have some fun, shall we?"

They trooped out of the exhibition and proceeded to the dining hall where the program ran in progress.

Val and Bruno, dressed as Morticia and Gomez Addams, enthused other guests on their table near the stage. Amanda saw Carl and Brittany with them, both in Japanese anime costumes.

Alex led the group toward an empty table near the entrance because most of the tables in front were already occupied.

On stage, Pudding and Pie engaged in a dialogue Amanda didn't comprehend much, but brought out laughter from the audience.

They ordered a bottle of whiskey and an assortment of food to go with it. Jo and Justin flirted with each other, while Alex and Amanda scanned the room for their friends.

"There's Morris," Alex pointed at a man in black spandex and waved at him.

Morris saw Alex and turned to call Hans and Edward as they emerged from a crowd behind him.

"Hey guys, where have you been?" Morris said.

"Just around the back, come sit with us. We ordered food and a bottle of whiskey." Alex said. "By the way, we are joined by Jo's friend, Justin." He gestured at the guy beside Jo. "Justin, this is Morris, Hans, and Edward."

Justin got up and shook hands with the newcomers. "Nice to meet you, guys. I hope you don't mind."

"It's a free world, Justin. Happy to have you with us." Morris said.

"Alex, I thought you were supposed to make a costume for Iris? Little Red Riding Hood didn't seem like a creative challenge though." Hans said.

"I did, but she's not Red Riding Hood. I thought to keep it hidden for now. Just like unveiling a masterpiece." He grinned. "You'll see it later."

Morris moved to the seat beside Iris with his drink. "Hey Iris, how are you? Does your ass still hurt?"

"Like hell, it does." She laughed.

"Can I take a peep at your costume please?" he said as he raised the cape an inch off her chest. "Okay, I get it. You got a nice peekaboo there." He flashed a naughty grin.

"I'm still trying to figure out what your costume is, Morris. What is it?" She said.

"I came as the Black Panther, see this necklace? It's an exact replica. A friend loaned it to me." He smiled.

"Is Black Panther a superhero? Sorry, I don't think I'm familiar with the character."

"Yes, it's a DC creation. The movie was great, you should watch it. It's got a good story line, great actors too." He said.

"Cool. I like Hans and Edward's gay rendition of the Twilight guys." She smiled, then heard her name mentioned on stage. Georgie and Porgie were talking about her. "What are they saying?"

"They were talking about your interview." Alex said. "Come, they're calling you to the stage, I'll escort you."

He stood up and took her hand. As they walked around the tables toward the stage, the audience became quiet. All eyes were on her, she felt like butter melting under the heat of their stares. Then a few started clapping their hands, followed by more applause. When she looked around, everyone stood up and continued to applaud her, it got louder. Whistles and howls erupted in the audience.

"Ladies and gentlemen, everyone and everything, we are honored to have with us tonight— the Queen of The Pleasure Cruise— Iris." Georgie said, as they climbed the stage.

Amanda gasped at the overwhelming acclaim she got from the audience.

"Iris, I usually have a lot to say about anything, but right now, I'm speechless as you stand here before me. But I'm sure that everyone here will agree that you are one hell of a person, and we are so proud of you." Georgie said as she fingered a tear on her cheek.

"I'm also sure that everyone would love to hear you say a few words." She said and handed over the microphone.

Amanda stifled the urge to cry. She didn't expect to be under the spotlight and be called on stage or give some sort of speech. She took the mike and looked at her shoes, as Alex removed her cape. More whistles and howls erupted.

"Well, I've had this recurring dream where I attended a business conference and when I was called to do my presentation, I realize I forgot to bring my laptop... and worse— I stood in front of the people naked.

Just like now, I stand before you— without any speech prepared, and bare-assed," she paused as laughter erupted, "I'm sorry, I really don't know what to say, but thank you, for all the support you gave me during the worst hours of my life." She said, and looked around the audience.

She noticed a couple seated on the table nearest to the stage. The guy, was a hot Khal Drogo look-alike and his partner was dressed as Khalisi Denneris with a long platinum blonde wig. He stared at Amanda with fiery lust, while he fondled his partner.

"Our lifestyle is not something we boast about, or display for all the world to see... we keep it discreet or hidden in the dark recesses of our lives. We have the Pleasure Cruise to thank for giving us a place to be free, to be our true selves, without judgement... without fear of being cast out of society." She smiled at Bruno as the audience applauded in agreement.

"I tried to keep this part of my life hidden from the world, because I was afraid it will ruin my reputation, and bring other people down with me... but then some malicious person exposed me... so I did what I thought was best... to say the truth... I actually braced for impact, waited for the sky to fall on me and crush me..." Her gaze fell on Khal Drogo again, his lustful stare just turned her on.

****