| Chapter 31 |

"Is this really all the clothes I have?" (N) wondered, peering through the small basket of dirty laundry, "I could have sworn I had more," she scratched the back of her head, confused.

Vella flew by, dropping a (c) sock into the basket before flying off again. (N) turned around, watching as her kwami disappeared from her sight. A frown tugging on her lips, she walked over to her bed, pulling the sheets up and looking under.

"Oi!" She called out, staring into Vella's hazel-like eyes as she gathered a couple of mismatched socks, "You knew I was looking for my clothes and didn't bother to tell me they were here!"

Vella flashed a jittery smile, her tail wagging to the side as flew out, under the bed.

"I was going to tell you, I promise!" She said, dropping the rest of the mismatched socks into the basket.

(N) stood up from the ground, placing a hand on her hip with an unimpressed look on her face. Vella tittered, her fluffy ears looping down as her paws stood in front of her, slouched.

A smile weaved it's way through (N)'s serious and tense glare, chortling, "I'm kidding!"

Vella heaved a sigh of relief, rubbing her paws against her shoulder, feeling the heavyweight be relieved.

"But seriously, you're going to have to help me with this."

Vella nodded her head, rushing over to (N) in a blink of an eye. They gathered the rest of the bright, dark, and mismatched clothes, socks, undergarments from under the bed, placing them into the basket.

"That should be the rest of it, right?" (N) asked, grabbing the basket and letting it rest on her hip.

"Yup!" Vella chirped, delighted.

(N) smiled, telling Vella to take a small break from her generous hard work. The kwami wasted no time flinging herself beneath the covers of (N)'s bed. (N) giggled, closing the door as she walked down the hallway and headed to the laundry room.

She could hear a soft melodic humming coming from the closed room, along with the clashing and clanking of the dryer. She knocked on the door softly before walking inside with her load. She flashed a huge grin as she saw her mother humming and dancing, her music blasting through her headphones.

(N) placed the basket next to the washing machine, leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed. She stood by, wondering when her mother would notice her presence. She watched as her mother took a few steps to the side and finally twirled around, opening her eyes to see her beautiful —

"Oh, Santo Cielo!" (M/N) screamed, startling her daughter and husband, who was now running to the laundry room.

A/N: Oh, my goodness!

(F/N) skidded across the floor, gripping onto the frame of the door, steadying himself. His hair flew in front of his face, touching the top part of his eyelid. It's been a while since he's gotten a haircut and he's been admiring the length of his hair, almost too proud to cut it off.

"Quello che è successo?" He huffed, brushing his hair to the side.

A/N: What happened?

(M/N) took off her headphones, placing them on top of the dryer as she calmed her racing heart. She eyed (N) with a small scowl on her face, shaking her head with her hands on her hips. She pointed at her, breathless from the scare.

(F/N) raised a brow, turned his head to the side and nodded his head up at (N), in a what to say "What's up?"

(N) shrugged her shoulders, relaxing her tensed arms. She crossed her ankles together, holding in a grin. (M/N) sniggered, she waved a finger in front of them, clearing her throat.