Spy

"Report."

The wolf tightened his grip on the cottonwood trunk and trained his binoculars on the three people a half mile away getting into the old blue Honda. The Koche boy held the back door open for the girl, but climbed into the passenger seat.

"He's human again."

"So he recovered?"

"It looks like."

"Has he introduced himself to any females? You said all the college-aged ones were at this farm place tonight."

"The only female I've seen him with is that one from the vet."

"Did he kiss her, hold hands, anything?"

"He ate with her and they went into the orchard together, but there was another boy with them."

"What are they doing now?"

"They're getting into a car."

"Nathan and the girl?" the voice on the other end of the line asked sharply.

"And the other guy. Nathan is in the front. The girl is in the back and the other guy is driving."

"Where are they going? It's a full moon tonight. Did they already run?"

"No."

"Follow them. Maybe they're going to run elsewhere. This could be your chance. You received the package?"

"Yes, but I'm not sure she's the one."

"She's the one. She has to be, and if she's not, well, in the grand scheme of things, she's nobody. Just don't miss this time."

"I didn't miss the last time. She was just too close to help."

"Aim for the heart. I don't care if she's in the middle of a hospital, no wolf can survive a silver bullet to the heart. I look forward to hearing of her demise in your next report."