Report

"Is she dead?"

His body clenched, knowing his alpha was not going to like his answer. "No."

"What happened?"

He breathed a sigh of relief. She must be in a good mood today. "They didn't go running."

"Where did they go?"

"Back to her dorm. It's being watched. I couldn't get close."

"You don't need to be close. You just need a shot."

"I didn't have one."

"Surely she didn't stay in her dorm all day."

"She did not, but Nathan and the other boy stayed with her all day and I can't roam around the campus with a rifle."

"We need another plan. Have you figured out her schedule yet?"

"It's hard to say. It's exam week." He could hear her nails tapping against the highly polished desk in her office through the phone. 

"So she's probably going home for a couple of weeks at least. Is it a year-round dorm? Do you know what her plans are?"

"No, Alpha, I wasn't sure she was the one."

Her voice hardened. "Whether you were sure or not, you should have been collecting information in case she was. What exactly have you been doing down there this whole time?"

"Watching."

"Have you tapped her phone at least? Slipped a microphone in her room?"

"Not yet."

"Not. Yet," his alpha repeated, her voice dripping with poison. "Your incompetence is exceeding all bounds. What about her car? Can you cut her brake lines or something?"

"She doesn't have a car."

"How does she get around?"

"Bike, but she hasn't used it since...in the last week. Different people keep giving her rides."

"Since you failed."

It was better not to answer, so he didn't.

"My daughter is flying down there tomorrow. I want that problem out of the way before she gets there. Those boys can't follow her everywhere."