Chapter 2

Kristen moved her hand, in the air, and a little glowing butterfly came out. It flew around and explored the three boys. When it got closer to Wilbur's face, his entire face lit up from the small glowing butterfly. It then flew over to Techno and then down to Tommy. Tommy reached up for it and tried to grab it. The small butterfly landed on his nose. Tommy let out a small little giggle. 

Kristen smiled and started to go back to her story. "Blue Butterflies are the souls of people. Whenever someone dies, they have the choice to go back and say goodbye to their loved ones. If someone can't let go, they are there to help them. It's how they work. So if you ever see a Blue Butterfly around, just know it might be someone you once loved."

"So will you be a butterfly one day?" Wilbur asked, his eyes were still on butterfly.

"Maybe one day, my son." Kristen warmly said. "But for now let's go to bed and more will be reveled with time."

She stood up and kissed her two boys on the forehead, careful not to drop Tommy. The two boys were tucked in by Philza. He smiled and hugged them goodnight. As they walked out of the room, the lights were shut off and their door was shut. Kristen walked to tommy's room and laid him down in his bed. The butterfly still on his nose. Phil grabbed his stuffed cow, Henry, and put it next to Tommy. He snuggled up to his toy, but never took his eyes off the butterfly.

Kristen pulled his blanket over him and kissed him on the forehead. Tommy held his Henry tightly, his eyes starting to close. The butterfly nuzzled Tommy's cheek and laid down on his forehead. Phil let out a little giggle and rubbed his son's cheek. Watching his son sleep peacefully, made him happy.

The two shut off the lights and shut the door. Both walked quietly back to their room, careful not to wake their sleeping boys. When they got to the room, Phil sat down on the bed and let Kristen put braids in his hair.

"I've never heard that story before, about the Blue Butterflies." Phil said, reading one of his books.

"I learned about them on my journeys around the world." Kristen said, finishing one of the braids and starting the next. "They were always attracted to my light and I loved to hear their stories."

Kristen finished the second one and grabbed some gold from their dresser. She put it in his blonde hair. He smiled and laid down in bed. She hugged him goodnight and kissed him on the forehead.

"Tomorrow we will walk on that little trail path, in the forest." Kristen told Phil. "The boys seemed to really like their walk today, so we will go for another one tomorrow."

"I bet they will play on that little hill, that over looks the forest." Phil giggled.

"Yes, we will play on the little hill with them."

---

The four boys stood and looked down at her grave stone. Philza held Tommy in his arms. Techno and Wilbur stood in front to the grave, holding different kinds of flowers. Rain poured down from above on them. Wilbur and Techno cried, and you couldn't tell for Phil. There was too much rain to see his tears. 

Phil held onto Tommy's sleeping body. He was only six years old and didn't know what was going on. He didn't understand that his mother was gone. When they got to the hill, Tommy didn't know why his family was crying. It hurt Phil that he had to bring Tommy here. To say goodbye to Kristen. It was something that Phil didn't even want to do, say goodbye to the love of his life.

Techno and Wilbur placed the flowers down. They wished their mother was still with them. This would be the first time not to be laid down to rest by her. 

"Come on boys." Phil said, tears streaming down his face. "Let's get home before it turns dark."