chapter 20

Hazel's POV

I texted Ace asking if we could meet today, then I locked my phone and put it beside me on the bed and rested my back against the headboard.

After a few seconds I got a notification on my phone, I looked at it to find that it is a text from Ace, I frowned as I opened it, why is he awake? What is he doing at that time? Had he even slept?

Ace: of course, what time do you wanna meet?

Hazel: now.

Ace: are you okay? Is there something wrong?

Hazel: I'm fine.

Ace: are you sure you wanna meet now? It's 4:30 am.

Hazel: if it's okay with you.

Ace: of course it is.

I stopped texting for a second wondering where can we meet at that time of the day, we can't meet here as Joshua and dad are still asleep.

Hazel: can I come to your house?

Ace: no, I'll will come get you in 30 minutes.

Hazel: okay.

I locked the phone and put it back on the nightstand, then I stood up and went to my closet to pick up something to wear.

I grabbed a sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt, and put them on.

I went to the vanity to adjust my hair, I put it into a lose braid, then I grabbed the blue velvet box which was in the first drawer of the vanity, I put on the necklace that my dad got me for my 16th birthday.

I don't go anywhere without wearing it, I just take it off when I go to sleep to prevent it from getting knotted.

I went downstairs quietly to put on my sneakers and wait for Ace.

***********************

Ace's POV

I was going through some papers and doing some work when my phone vibrated showing that I got a notification.

I opened it to find that it was a message from Hazel, I frowned, why would she be awake at this time.

She was asking if we could meet today, and I instantly replied to her message saying yes.

Then she asked if she can come to my house, and I told her not to, firstly for her safety I couldn't risk her being alone at the street at this time of the day specifically when I don't know if her neighbourhood is safe or not, secondly because I was not at the house, I was at my office, I hadn't gone to my house for two days now.

After I dropped Hazel at her house after our last meeting I returned to my office since then I didn't go home, knowing that my mother may be alive and in danger and not knowing if my mate gonna accept me or not, ofcourse I will not be able to sleep, so I haven't gone to the house or slept for three days now.

Now, I am on my way to go get Hazel from her house.

As soon as I pulled infront of her house, I texted her saying that I am infront of her house, after a few seconds she came out wearing a sweatpants and a t-shirt, her hair is put on a braid her short bang have fallen from the braid as a breeze hit her, she struggled with the bang to get away from her face while she is approaching the car.

I get out from the car to get her door, "thank you, I could have done this." She said with a tight smile as I opened her door.

I went to the other side and hopped in the car, "Where do you wanna go?" I asked as I closed the door.