XLI | Mission Wife

5 years ago

5 years ago

"Are you sure you want to go to school? You've already given your exams and there's not really a need to go today." Mark swiveled his head to eye Jungkook who was gaping back at him with a wide grin spread on his luscious lips, hair dyed light brown as he adorned a yellow school uniform.

"It's just a function for Valentine's day held at school so that the children don't go out alone, moreover, your movie is to be released tomorrow, you'll catch unnecessary attention. The students might even ambush you─"

"Hyung..." Even his tone was dripping with excitement, a little apprehension swirling into the high pitch of his voice. "I'm finally going to do it, I'm gonna confess today..."

Mark removed his black sunglasses, peeling off his mask entirely. "Ah, Y/n?" He grinned staring at the boy who was occupied hiding his red-painted cheeks, nodding nonetheless.

"So, what do you plan on confessing with?" Jungkook's manager asked with curiosity but arched an eyebrow when the younger boy gawked at him as if he was already prepared for this. "You see..." And the lovely bunny smile was revealed as he took a bottle out of his bag.

Mark involuntarily snorted, looking at the younger boy in disbelief. "Jungkook, please tell me you're not confessing to your crush with an...insect spray?!"

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed, scanning the bottle with utter suspicion. "B-but what's wrong with it? I bought the best one they had! D-did they lie? Y/n had been complaining about mosquito bites so I thought─"

Mark shook his head in dismay, taking the bottle out of Jungkook's hold and hiding it from his sight. "Boy, buckle up, we're going shopping."

Jungkook now stared at his reflection for the hundredth time, fixing his hair back and flossing yet again. His lips stretched into an uncomfortable smile as he nervously reassured himself.

"Mark, why would Y/n like something like this?!" He whined loudly, "Please give me back the present I bought, that's a thousand times better!"

Mark glanced at the backseat through the front mirror, gazing at the bouquet of roses with a sigh. "That's because I know what girls like."

Jungkook instantly scoffed. "Yes, and that's why you're 25 and single." [Ik imma be single by then as well 🤠]

"We're here." Mark rolled his eyes, but smiled, however. His client whom he had always dealt with like a younger brother, was finally going to confess his years-long feelings. Growing up, he had always dwelled in a busy life, sacrificing his teenage years away whilst entering an entirely new world. This was a new thing for Jungkook and Mark couldn't be happier for him.