Chapter Two

The bell rang and we had to return to our next class. It was the one class I didn't have with him. I sat in my usual spot in the back of the class room. There was a new guy. He looked like he was emo, but he could be scene for all I know.

"Everyone please welcome Talen, he's new to our school this year and I want everyone to help him if he needs it okay?"

Ms.Hall is an okay teacher, she's deffently better than Hagot. Anyway Talens seat was right next to me.

"Hey, my name is Scarlet. Scar for short" I smiled. I'm trying to make friends even if I don't have much of a chance.

"Hey I'm Talen, but you can call me T. So anyone I shouldn't talk to?" He laughs.

"Well I-----um--" then Carmen comes up and interrupts us.

"Hey Talen, my name is Cramen."

"Cool"

I noticed his shirt. "Oh my god you like MCR???"

He looked up. "Hell yeah, who doesn't?"

Then Carmen speaks up. "Yeah they're amazing, I've been to like ten of their things!"

I glared at her. "Carmen you don't even know who they are, and it's concerts."

"Oh shut up Scar no one likes you anyways."

Talen looked at Carmen. "I like her, she seems pretty cool to me."

She smiles and walks away.

"Sorry.....if you want I'll disappear that way people will still like you."

"I don't care about what other people think. If they like me they like me, if they don't they don't. And they'll be missing out." He laughs and I agree with him.

We talked for the rest of the class. When the final bell rang Talen offered to give me a ride home because he over heard how I didn't have a ride. Damien saw us together.

"Hey Scar! Who's this?"

"Talen, have you two met before?"

".... Not exactly" he smiled but I knew they have some kind of history.

"Anyway Talen here is gonna give me aride home okay?"

"No not okay!" Damien looks at me with a hurt face.

"Talen leave my girlfriend alone. This is your only warning."

Talen just shrugged it off like he didn't care. "So we still hanging out later Scar?"

"Yea----" Damien cuts in. "No." I roll my eyes. "I'll text you later okay Talen?"

"Yeah okay see ya Scar...... And by Damien." I turned over to Damien and I was pissed.

"What the hell was with that?!... I know you were lieing you obviously know him from somewhere."

"And? You shouldn't be hanging out with him."

"Right just like when people tell you not to hangout with me."

He looks at me sadley. "No that's not what I ment. Love it's different."

"How is it different?! Look can we just talk about it later?"

He sighed and put his arms round me. "Yeah okay, and I'm sorry..." I told him it was fine and then kissed his cheek and went home. When I had got home though I thought I saw something in the trees. I went inside and put my stuff in my room. Then I got my IPod and plugged my headphones in. I was going out side to jog in the woods behind my apartment. For the most part I was usually the only one at the apartment. Occasionally mom visits me, but not often or for very long.
I ran for about an hour then once back at the apartment I took a shower. As soon as I got back down stairs i heard a knock on the door.
"who is it?"
no responce
I open the door and no one was there. I was about to shut the door when I saw Talen walking up to my door.
"hey.....did you knock on my door?" i questioned him.
"uh, no I just got here..."
"oh well okay then... Come on in."
he walks in and I shut the door.
"so i didnt think youd be here so fast!" i laughed. "but uh could you give me a minute or two then we'll leave?"
"yeah of course" he smirked "Ill be waiting" and walked out the door.
After I got ready Damein texted me.
Him: hey babe, you free tonight?
Me: im sorry but ive got plans
Him: let me geuss .....that ass hole Talen has you wrapped round his finger. dosent he?!
Me: thats not true and i dont care if you dont like him, hes my friend and if you keep calling him names like that then i guess i can just dump you.
Him: wait scar come on! im just trying to protect you!!! why cant you see that?!
Me: unless he does somthing to me that i dont like im still going to be his friend.