Chapter 9

Project

The soft sound of humming was heard as Ponk slowly woke up. He looked down as he sat up remembering his wound, but saw that it was suddenly almost completely healed. He guessed Sam used a healing potion and he saw a hoodie folded on the chair next to the bed. He put it on only to realize it was pretty big on him, then guessed that it was totally Sam's due to the scent that stuck on it. He stretched as he walked out seeing Sam finishing up a sandwich. He yawned and hello and the creeper hybrid looked over to him smiling sweetly.

"Good afternoon Ponkie~ Your wound was healed enough so I could use a potion on it! So you'll be better very soon," he chirped, seeming happy and excited.

"That's good Sammie... You seem pretty excited about it huh?" Ponk smiled tiredly.

"Oh! No that's not what I'm excited about- I mean I am, but I have something else I'm excited about you know-" he took a breath "-anyways I finished my project! I want to show you after you eat, is that ok?" he was basically bouncing, you could almost see a tail swishing behind him.

"Yes of course," he grinned and pecked Sam on the cheek.

Sam's cheeks turned a shade of red and he grinned as he gave him food. After they ate, he basically just appeared with a mechanic limb in his hands. Wait, is that a prosthetic arm? WHAT.

Sam seemed to never stop smiling as he explained it to him,"I made a prosthetic arm for you! I figured it'd make up for the... other thing, y'know?" He smiled a bit nervous. Ponk's eyes widened and he became just as excited.
"Wait really? That's so sick! Does it work???"

"Yeah! Well, I've tested it out, and it works with an enchantment so it basically can do the functions you would want your arm and hand to do. It took a while to get the enchantments right, but overall I had to get the mechanics right so it moved properly. Iron and stone were used a lot and it was pretty difficult, but I came up with the recipe myself and it worked! Do you want me to show you how to put it on? I need to make sure it's comfortable," he added. When Ponk nodded he taught him how to strap it on. Once it was on it started to move and his eyes were as big as saucers. He moved his fingers and bent his elbow.

"Sam what the hell, this is actually cool- thank you so much! I don't know how I can make it up to you because I swear, this is more than what I would've accepted for what happened- you just gave me a limb back, that- that's..." he trailed off admiring the movement in his prosthetic arm. He couldn't feel pain that you normally would if you hit your arm, but he could feel the movement and vibration of how it moved.

This is almost impossible. He went to grab a cup with it and it worked like a real arm. He walked over to poke the counter, it worked perfectly. He walked over to Sam and cupped his face with both of his hands. He grinned as he used it to run the fingers through Sam's hair. He looked down at Sam's hand and used the prosthetic to hold it. He also tested the grip on his hand. Squeezing then loosening, it worked like an actual hand. He grinned and looked up at Sam.
"You're absolutely amazing Sam, thank you so much.." he put all of his gratitude to Sam in his voice when saying that. Sam smiled and hugged him. He pulled back to kiss his forehead.

"You're truly welcome, Ponkie."