CHAPTER 3

We went to father's office. Yeonjun was standing beside father. Father was seated on his wooden desk. There was a letter on the table.

Soobin: father, you called for us?
Mr. Choi: come in

Soobin stood on the left while I stood on the right. Father looked up holding the letter.

Mr. Choi: do you know what this is?
Soobin: ......
Mr. Choi: should I read it to you? 'dear Mr. Choi, how's everything going? Haven't gotten poi-

Soobin and I glanced at each other smirking. We both knew very well the sentence was definitely supposed to end with 'haven't gotten poisoned yet I see'. But father saw it and threw the letter down onto the table. He stands up and walks towards Soobin and punches him.

Mr. Choi: where were the both of you all day?!
Soobin: out in the meadows
Mr. Choi: where's your sister?
Soobin: ....

father punched him again. His nose started bleeding

Me. Choi: I gave you one damn job! Choi Soobin! That was to make sure your sister was kept hidden!
Soobin: and she is! Seungmin doesn't know it's her.
Mr. Choi: then why is it clearly stated here 'you daughter's with me right now and were having a tea-'...... ANSWER ME!
Soobin: I did my part to make sure no one knew she was your daughter! No one said she couldn't tell Seungmin herself!
Mr. Choi: you talking back now?

he punched Soobin again

Mr. Choi: I'M ASKING YOU A QUESTION!

How ironic of father. He punched hyung for talking back but asked hyung to answer him. He punches Soobin again. I ran in between them.

Me: FATHER! it was my fault! I pu-

Soobin pushed me and I fell to the floor.

Soobin: all blames goes onto me! Don't get involved in this, Gyu!
Mr. Choi: I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHO'S FAULT IT IS! KIM SEUNGMIN, OUR NEIGHBOURING ENEMY ASKED FOR MY DAUGHTER'S HAND IN MARRIAGE AND IF I DON'T GIVE IT HE'S GONNA LEAK MY SECRET AT THE CONGRESS! AND I BET YOU KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES!
Soobin: what... Hand in marriage?
Mr. Choi: he said if I agree, I will definitely be putting my reputation at stake but he will TRY to eliminate all that hurt me. If I say no, he'll just kill her and my reputation will be saved.
Soobin: so is it her you worry about or your reputation?
Mr. Choi: repeat that
Soobin: I said is it her, my little sister, your only daughter you worry about or your-

father punched him again

Mr. Choi: I dare you to speak back again! Ungrateful son
Me: father.. What are you gonna do?
Mr. Choi: obviously I don't need her

I was shocked. I looked Soobin but he kept quite

Me: Hyung! Do something!
Soobin: ..... There's nothing for me to do Gyu...
Me: did you... Already expected this?
Soobin: what were you expecting?

then I turn to Yeonjun. His face was blank and emotionless

Me: Hyung... Help her please.....
Yeonjun: what father wishes is what I want as well.
Me: Hyung... You know we can't just give our little sister away like that... You know that! Don't you have any sympathy for her?! For how hard her life is?!

father slaps me

Mr. Choi: do not speak to Jun like that..

Soobin grabs my wrist

Soobin: father, think about it, Yaya could very well be a potential spy for us to check on what Seungmin does and for all we know, we might have a chance to overthrow him. He also said he will try and I am positive Seungmin isn't the kind to go back on his words but you make the decision and we shall abide to it...
Mr. Choi: ..... Leave...

we left the room and went back to our shared room. It was so quiet.

Me: Hyung.... You knew father was gonna do that didn't you...
Soobin: .... Yeah....
Me: how...
Soobin: smiles weakly you've never seen how father actually treats Yaya and I bet you, you won't want to...
Me: is that how you and Yaya get your mysterious scars that you two won't talk about?
Soobin: ..... Yeah....
Me: it's that bad?
Soobin: .... Enough of that, let's go find Hyuka.

-Jaeya's POV-

I woke up in a heavily guarded room. I sat up from the bed. My head hurt badly from the sedative.

???: oh you're awake
Me: oh you're the guy that shot me with the sedative twice...
???: ouch, I'm sorry I was just doing my job...
Me: what's your name? If you don't have one I'll just call you sedative dude

he sat down on the bed

???: I do have one... It's Chris
Me: ah... I guess you already know my name don't you...
Chris: yep... Big shot here you know..
Me: not surprised...
Chris: gave up fighting?
Me: as if

I held up his pistol I took from him when he sat down on the bed