CHAPTER 19

I prepared him to go to the hospital and took some sandwiches along just in case he got hungry. While we were in the kitchen packing the sandwiches, someone called us.

???: where are you taking Jiwoo?

I turn to see Mark standing there.

Me: gonna bring him see Seungmo
Mark: should I go with you?
Chan: I'll go with her
Mark: o- okay, see you in a while

he walks off

Me: Chan? What are you doing here?
Chan: I've got some time to spare with Hyunjin so let's go together?
Me: alright sure

I know the only reason why they wanted to come with me was to make sure I was guarded and safe because the results of our search for the mysterious assassin came out and it was shocking.

flashback

I went into the room Changbin and the boys were in. They were working on who was the mastermind of the attack. We've been working on it for a few days now.

Me: so how's the progress?

they look at me with grave. It was awkwardly silent.

Me: you found out?

Changbin walked away from the table

Me: guys.. Stop messing around

Felix walks towards me and holds my hand.

Felix: come and see for yourself

he gestures me to the table. I read the papers.

Me: no... Nonono... You've got it wrong... There's no way on earth that it's him...
Changbin: you can't deny facts Yaya..
Chan: no matter how much we don't want it to be him.. You can't change it...
Me: there must be a mistake... There's no way possible...

I run out to that garden Seungmin showed me the first few days I was there. Since the first time I've been there, it has been the place I go to run away from reality. My hands and legs were shaking. My vision was blurry. Of all the people it had to be him.

My father was behind all this

???: you okay there?

I look up to see Chan standing there

Me: how... How do you know this place?
Chan: Seungmin shares his secrets with me too you know..

he walks and sits beside me

Chan: I know this isn't easy to grasp.. Him being the mastermind of this attack..
Me: of course he did it. He wouldn't want me to live a happy life. He saw me enjoying here and decided to make it a living hell. That's what he always does. That's my father. He doesn't care.
Chan: sigh... I want you to know that no matter what happens, we'll be here for you... We've known each other for 3 years now... We're closest to you after your family.. So you can lean on us and talk to us as well alright?
Me: thanks...

back to reality

we went to the hospital. I was sitting beside Hyunjin in the car.

Hyunjin: things aren't easy currently huh..
Me: not really
Hyunjin: it really did come out as a shocker
Me: .... Yeah

truth to be told, it might not have exactly shocked me the fact we were gonna be attacked. I just didn't figure it'd be that early. I've been getting letters from my dad before the attack telling me to pull myself together or else face the consequences because he knows I'm letting my guard down by a lot now but I chose to ignore these letters. We reached the hospital. I brought Jiwoo into the room. Seungmin was lying there asleep from his surgery. He was still recovering.

Jiwoo: Nuna what happened?
Me: Hyung isn't feeling well right now
Jiwoo: when will he be otey?

I look at Chan and he looks back at me

Me: soon...
Chan: comon Jiwoo-ya.. I'm pretty sure Nuna would like to talk to Hyung alone for a while.

They left the room. I look at Seungmin. I sit beside him and touch his cheek.

Me: when on earth did I let my guard down so much to let you know all my weaknesses... Sigh.. Probably because we understood each other.. Seungmo, it's time to wake up already.

though Chan and Felix were my emotional anchors, Seungmin and I understood each other better because of our past. The both of us experienced family trauma and over the past 3 years, the both of us have been talking bout it. Sharing each other's secrets.

Me: so many things are running in my head right now.. Like.. why.. Why did you save my life knowing the risk of you dying was so high... And worst of all was you did it without hesitation.. And why would my father plot a death for his own daughter... I mean technically, my father is rude and cruel but.. I didn't expect him to be this cruel.. Does Binnie or Gyu know bout this? Bet Gyu doesn't... Yeonjun... He probably knew all this while because ... Because he..

I broke down and cried

Me: I never expected I'd say this but I need you Seungmo... I need the most you righ now..

I looked at him and held his hand.

Me: I miss you...

I lean in and kiss his cheek and lie on his chest holding his hand. Suddenly, the grip of his hands tighten. His eyes flutter and weakly looks at me.

Seungmin: I'd never leave you princess
Me: S- Seungmo?