Chapter 7

A few hours had passed since the boys had blocked up the doors. You could hear the zombies walking by, and Niall was afraid. He was sitting curled up next to Liam on a couch. Doing the best he could not to touch the older lad. He was confused. One second he trusted the boys, and the next he was frightened. He liked being around Liam though. The muscular lad reminded Niall of Greg. He wasn't sure why but he felt safest around Liam. Maybe it was his loving demeanor. 

Harry walked over then, snapping Niall out of his thoughts. He whispered something in Liam's ear. Niall couldn't make out what he had said. He didn't care much, he was tired and sad and frightened. So so frightened. 

Liam stood up then and walked away, Niall couldn't help but whimper, feeling anxious now that the older lad had left him. He wasn't sure why he was acting like this. He was being a baby. The boys must've thought he was so annoying. Niall couldn't help it though. He didn't care he was acting stupid. He needed comfort and was too afraid to worry about anything other than the boys at the moment. 

Harry sat down next to the blonde ignoring his flinch. "Hey Niall, look at me please," the curly lad said quietly. 

Niall turned to face Harry, biting on his bottom lip to stop it from trembling. He didn't know why he was about to cry, but he couldn't help it. He was so done. 

"Alright it's ok Niall, here's what's gonna happen. Me and the lads are gonna go through the rest of the stores. You need to stay with one of us at all times, ok. Then we are going to go get in the truck and head towards the city. See if we can find any sign of life." 

Niall nodded. Too tired to argue. He swallowed down his sobs and looked up at Harry. The tall curly lad sighed seeing the distraught look on the boy's face. "Alright come on then," he said, holding his hand out to the child. Niall took it, not wanting to be alone.

 He wasn't sure if he trusted Harry. Though he supposed they were Liam's friends, and if Liam wasn't gonna hurt him neither would the rest of them right? 

They approached the rest of the boys. Niall's hand still in Harry's. The boys all nodded then. 

"Alright split up, grab supplies, then let's go. Niall stay with Harry." Liam spoke. Tone demanding but still gentle. The boys walked separate ways then. 

Niall glancing around nervously hearing the grumbles of zombies. "It's ok I won't let anything happen," Harry said. "Let's go get you some clothes yeah." Niall nodded allowing Harry to lead him to a clothes store. 

Grabbing a small backpack, Harry filled it with clothes small enough to fit the six year old as well as other supplies like a flashlight, and water. 

Not much later the boys were walking out the mall doors and pilling into the truck. There were two seats in the back, the middle seat being unmovable cup holders, and two in the front. Zayn climbed into the driver's seat, Liam taking the passenger, while Harry got himself settled in the back, leaving Louis and Niall to get in last. 

The tiny blonde glanced up at the lifted truck, too short to even reach the door handle. He let out a whimper of frustration. Next thing he knew two hands were lifting him from under his arms. He glanced back to see it was Louis, setting the child onto Liam's lap. 

"Sorry shorty, there's not another seat for you to take, so you'll be sitting with one of us whenever we leave." Louis said, giving Niall a tight apologetic smile. 

Niall shrugged, leaning back into Liam's chest. Liam wrapped his arms around the small boy as Louis climbed in the back next to Harry. 

Zayn pulled out, leaving the mall behind them. Niall sighed as they drove further and further away from everything he once knew. With that thought Niall let himself fall asleep in Liam's hold. Hoping the nightmares would leave him at peace, for at least one night.