Chapter 8

Louis sighed as he glanced up front to the sleeping blonde. "I don't think the kid likes me very much lads." 

Zayn turned back then, facing the blue eyed boy. "Just give him some time mate, he needs to trust us all still." 

Louis huffed at that. Feeling annoyed, not meaning to snap at his best friend, Louis let out a scoff. "Yeah? Seems the kid fits in just fine with you and Liam eh, hell I'm not surprised, Liams always been a pushover." 

Zayn glared at Louis, looking over as a feeling of hurt crossed through Liam's eyes. Liam just sniffed, and looked out the window, already sensing the argument about to break throughout the truck. 

Now the boys all loved each other like brothers, they'd been friends all throughout elementary school. They all deeply cared and would die for eachother, but that didn't mean they didn't have petty arguments. More often than not, it was between Zayn and Louis. Zayn's defensive side and Louis' impatience wasn't a good mix when someone was especially moody. 

Zayn snapped at Louis then, defending his younger brother. "DON'T you talk about Liam like that, Louis. You know good and well he keeps us grounded. SO SUCK IT UP AND GET OVER IT." 

Harry piped in then quietly, "Boys please don't fight your gonna wake the little lad." 

Too bad for them, Zayn and Louis were already pissed, and calming Zayn down was NOT an easy job. 

"SHUT UP ZAYN! You don't know what you're talking about," Louis scoffed. 

"OH YEAH YOU TWAT," Zayn fumed. "How about you grow the hell up and be a little more understanding, the kid is SIX  and he is TERRIFIED."

"Grow up, my ass. I'm older than you Zayn," Louis said simply, not even looking up from the window. His voice was laced with sarcasm.

"OH YOU LITTLE-," Zayn was interrupted then by a small whimper

"Zayn?" Niall squeaked, having been woken up to yelling. The whole car grew silent. 

Zayn spoke up then. His whole demeanor changing. "Hey baby, you sleep ok?"

"Hmm tired, why're yellin," Niall mumbled, rubbing his eyes with his fists making him look so much younger. 

"It's alright me and Lou just had a slight disagreement," he replied softly. "Right, Louis," he said, voice changing, low and threatening. 

"Sure," Louis scoffed, rolling his eyes. 

Niall perked up at that. He knew he was right about Louis. The man was scary. After all he had scared him when they first found him in the clothes store, and now he was scary, wanting to fight zayn. 

Niall whimpered, glancing up at Liam whose lap he was still in. "Liam," he whispered. 

Liam glanced down a sad, forced smile on his face. "Yes sweetheart," he said. 

"Lou- Louis' not gonna hurt Zayn or-or any of us right," Niall murmmed. Quiet enough for only Liam to hear. 

A look of surprise flashed through his eyes. He glanced at Louis before speaking up so all the boys could hear the conversation. "No no of course not honey. Louis won't hurt any of us, especially not you." He said lightly. 

Before anyone had the chance to say anything else, the car shuddered to a stop at a gas station. Liam hopped out of the truck, taking Niall with him into the small station shop. Leaving the boys in stunned silence. 

Louis deflated then, looking at the boys. "Shit," he murmured. "I screwed up." Louis only hoped he could make things right, he just wasn't sure where to start.