Nia's nightmares part 2

Nia's POV

I had gotten stitched up at the DEO and was now sitting in Kara's apartment. We was sitting watching something on Netflix and drinking hot chocolate, Kara had the blanket over us to stop us getting cold. I could feel myself getting tired but I was trying my hardest to stay awake. I couldn't go to sleep...I just couldn't....

Kara must have noticed because she pulled me into her side and stroked my arm. I looked up at her. "It's okay Nia, I'm here. Go to sleep...I'm not going anywhere."

I sighed but focused back on the TV there was no way I was going to sleep...

Kara's POV

After awhile I looked down at Nia who was asleep in my arms. I sighed and moved the mug she was holding onto the table. I kept a close eye on her to make sure she wasn't having a nightmare. I must have fallen asleep as I quickly jolted awake when I heard Nia scream from next to me.

I sat up and gently started trying to wake Nia up. "Nia...Nia...It's Kara...Can you wake up for me?" Slowly Nia started to open her eyes. I could see tears falling from her eyes, so I gently leaned forward and wiped the tears away. "I'm so sorry...I'm so sorry you're having these nightmares..."

Nia wrapped her arms around my neck and cried. I rubbed her back comfortingly. I hated seeing her this upset.

Nia's POV

After a while of crying Kara pulled back. I pulled back to look at her. Kara smiled and stood up, offering me her hand. I frowned but took it and let her pull me to my feet. "Come on, the couch isn't very comfy, hopefully you'll sleep better in a bed."

I stopped abruptly, causing Kara to stop. "I can't sleep in your bed, it's fine I'll take the couch." Kara shook her head and smiled at me. "Don't be silly Nia, we're friends, and right now you need a friend."

I sighed and let her pull me to her bedroom, she handed me some sweats. "These look like they'll fit, the bathrooms over there, if you wanna go change."

I nodded, making my way to the bathroom and quickly getting changed. When I opened the door Kara was already sitting in bed. She patted the side next to her. I smiled and went and climbed in on the other side.

Kara smiled and pulled me into her side and held me close. I felt safe with her. Before long I could feel myself drifting off and for once I wasn't scared of the nightmares...I felt safe...