Chapter 9: Troll in the dungeons!

Few days had passed and a certain rumor had taken the castle by storm. Alix had overheard a group of Hufflepuffs talking about a 4 eyed monster that was seen by a Gryffindor. The young Ravenclaw and her familiar glanced at each other before Alix giggled at the absurdity. She did realize that Ron Weasley had seen them and was a bit anxious that he would tell a professor, but she now knew that the Gryffindor, thankfully, had only seen her and Mina's eyes. Alix thanked her ancestors mentally before proceeding to her transfiguration class with the Slytherins.

When she arrived at the classroom, Draco was eyeing her with suspicion in his silver eyes. Alix knew that she would need to explain herself to her cousin. Draco motioned for her to seat beside him and the Ravenclaw did so. When she had sat down, Draco immediately questioned her. "Were you roaming around the castle after curfew?" he asked, although, by his tone, Draco seemed very confident.

Alix smiled innocently. "Whatever do you mean, cousin?" she asked, attempting to throw him off no matter how much she knew she couldn't.

"Don't play with me, did you think I wouldn't hear about the 4 eyed monster with yellow and purple eyes? Weasley had been telling all the students every chance he gets and everyone's been terrified of walking around alone!" Draco whispered back. Theo and Blaise who were seated in front of them sniggered as they listened in on their conversation.

"Fine, I was out of bed that night when you and Potter were supposed to duel" Alix admitted, raising her hands in defeat.

Draco raised an eyebrow. "What happened?" he asked confusedly.

Alix told him about the events that had happened, how the four Gryffindors was almost caught by Filch because of Peeves, how they encountered Hades, the Cerberus located in one of the rooms at the 3rd-floor corridor, and how they ran out in tears after being scared by the 3 headed canine. Alix laughed as she told the story, Blaise and Theo, also sniggering as they listened.

Draco, however, was concerned about another thing. "Wait, wait, wait, you knew the Cerberus before? You've met that beast before?! And you didn't bother to tell me? And why did Dumbledore put a bloody Cerberus in Hogwarts! Is he crazy?!" Draco whisper-shouted the last part and Alix glanced around to make sure that no one else was listening in on their conversation.

"I can't tell you right now, it's a long story, let's meet at the library after classes," Alix said and Draco was about to say something when Professor McGonagall finally arrived, signaling the start of their class.

Classes ended and Alix headed straight to the library with her bag in her hands and Mina by her side. She arrived and saw their usual place on the more private part of the library, far from the entrance. Draco shot an eyebrow at her. "Are you going to tell us now?" he asked and Alix placed her leather book bag on the table as she sat down beside him, Blaise and Theo were seated in front of them.

"Hades is guarding the sorcerer's stone, I'm sure you are aware of what it is?" Alix asked, glancing at their faces, and when she noticed Draco's confused expression she lets out a breath. "The sorcerer's stone is made by Dumbledore and his friend, Nicholas Flamel, it's said to be able to turn any metal into gold and can create the Elixir of Life which in turn, can make someone immortal" Alix explained and Draco's jaw gaped.

"Why would the sorcerer's stone be in here? I thought it was with Nicholas Flamel and his wife?" Theo, who knew about the stone because he also had a love for books, asked.

Alix turned to him to answer. "I'm not sure why Dumbledore put in a school full of children but apparently, someone's trying to steal it. Remember that incident with Gringotts where someone attempted to steal from them but the Goblins were insisting that nothing had been stolen?" Alix said and the 3 Slytherins nodded their head in sync.