Chapter 23: Obliviate

By the time Quidditch came, Alix Clementine finds herself seated with her fellow Ravenclaw friends with the exception of Sue and Luna at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall. They were, so to speak, supporting their very green and pale friend who looked like he was about to vomit at any given moment. Draco, the new seeker for the Slytherin team was barely eating his breakfast, already donned in his Quidditch robes and his broom resting on the empty space beside him. He was nervously tapping the table while chewing on the inside of his cheeks, a truly horrifying habit for an Heir to a Noble House. Narcissa Malfoy would've had a fit and sent his son a stinging hex if she were to see him.

"Draco, do eat. You cannot be hungry during the match with Gryffindor" Alix nagged, tucking a rather annoying strand of hair behind her ear. If she didn't like her long hair, she would've surely cut it all off.

"I can't, I will most likely barf it all up," Draco said, the tapping of his index finger getting louder as he returns to chewing on his cheeks.

Alix rolls her eyes but before she could say anything, a light voice softly spoke from beside her. "Hello" when she turns around, she sees Luna wearing a surprising costume. A headdress of a cobra snake charmed to hiss like a real snake. Alix glances down at Luna's unblinking eyes. She could hear the snicker from around the Great Hall, no doubt the cause of it was the first year Ravenclaw.

"You look adorable Luna," Alix said, beckoning her younger friend to sit down beside her, hearing a thank you as the girl sits down.

"That's an interesting choice of headpiece" Alix turns to expect a mocking smile on Blaise's lips yet all she saw was mere surprise. She lets out a small breath of relief.

"Thank you, I charmed it myself"

"That's brilliant, Luna!" Draco said, seeming to be overcoming his fear the moment Luna showed up. "Don't mind the whispers you hear. They're just jealous they're not as clever as you" he said, glaring at the other Slytherin who shut up immediately at the silver eyes of the Malfoy Heir.

"I don't. You get used to it as time goes" it was almost disturbing how nonchalant Luna was when she said those words.

Alix glanced around with her friends, meeting their horrified gazes. "You don't have to get used to them, Luna. I can teach you some good hexes" Theo said, his honey eyes comforting Luna.

"Are you alright? You are covered in wrackspurts" Luna looks at Draco who was forcing himself to eat.

Blaise flinched at the word and moved away from Draco with a disgusted look on his face, making the blonde Slytherin glare at him with all his might despite the unnatural paleness of his face and the bags under his eyes.

"Jesus, you look horrible" Alix glances at her side once again to find Sue accompanied by Daphne, the two of them holding hands with their eyes trailing across the table before focusing on Draco.

Draco frowns. "What is Jesus?" he asked.

"Never mind that, are you alright?" Sue asked, hiding her sniggers at Draco's suffering. Daphne rolls her eyes at her soulmate's antics.

"Don't laugh!" Draco shouts.

"I'm not! Are you alright?"

"Does it look like I'm alright?!"

Draco flinches when Professor Snape suddenly appears from behind him, pulling his collar to make him stand. "Get your broom and come with me," he said with a firm tone with no room for arguments. Draco gulped but nodded and left the Great Hall with the potion Professor.

"Is he finally gonna kill Draco?" Anthony asked, staring at the disappearing silhouette of the Slytherin and his Head of House.

It wasn't until the start of the match between Gryffindor and Slytherin that they saw their friend again. Draco stood at the field, his newly bought broom in his hand and a confident grin on his face. Whatever Severus had given him certainly worked if his confidence had returned. A high-pitched sound that echoed across the field from Madam Hooch's whistle signalled the start of the match and the two teams of red and green took off, their Quidditch robes billowing through the strong wind.