Camp Tour

Annabeth

The wizards have been here for a couple days now and they don't seem like they're leaving anytime soon. Honestly, they could be so arrogant sometimes, especially that Draco kid. I only wanted to help them but they apparently don't want me to.

"Annabeth. Annabeth!"

I jerked away from my thoughts to the sound of Chiron's voice calling my name.

"Yes? Sorry, I was distracted," I said apologetically.

Chiron smiled. "It's fine, but I do want to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Can you give our 'guests' a tour of camp. I want them to feel more welcome here so they hopefully will trust us."

We had decided to not tell anyone that there were wizards at our camp now because we know that would cause way too much chaos.

As much as I didn't want to say yes, I nodded and said sure.

-Time skip to a few hours later-

I knocked on the bedroom doors on the second floor of the big house. It was time for the tour. I really wasn't looking forward to it. I tried asking Percy to do it with me, but he had to teach the new campers sword practice, so I was on my own.  

Each of them got separate rooms so I knocked on each one and waited for them.

Hermione came out first. We stood there awkwardly until everyone else had come out. Their cuts and bruises had slightly healed and they had fresh clothes from the camp store, so now they looked like any other camper with the classic Camp Half-Blood shirt and jeans. 

"Well, are you going to start now?" Hermione asked. 

I really didn't like how annoying these people were, but I wanted to give them a chance. I mean, I thought Percy was annoying when I met him and now I don't know what I'd do without him.

I lead them downstairs and out the Big House.

"Here are the strawberry fields. We actually sell these as a cover for the camp," I said, pointing to the fields of fruit. "Over here is the dining pavilion where we all eat."

The wizards barely came out of their rooms the couple days. They didn't even come out for food, but they're wizards. I'm pretty sure they just magicked some food out of thin air or something. 

I lead them past the cabins, the archery range, the woods, the campfire area, the stables, forgery area, armory storage ("What type of camp has a tool shed for weapons?" Draco scoffed), and finally Thalia's pine tree, complete with the glittering golden fleece, our guardian dragon and the Athena Parthenos beside it.

 Every time I see that statue,  I get mixed feelings about it. Yeah, I do feel proud of retrieving it when no one ever has, but at what cost? Waking up every night from the haunting memories of what came after? I never want to go through it again.

Beside me, Hermione gasped. "That can't be the real statue."

I grimaced. "It is."

"But, isn't lost forever or something?"

"It was. Until I got it back."

Hermione looked stunned. "How?"

"I..I don't want to talk about it."

Hermione looked a little disappointed but didn't push further, which I was thankful for.

"Alright, is this over yet?" Draco said. I got so irritated at that. All throughout the tour, he kept commenting little things like how this was so boring or  pointing  out things he didn't like about the camp. This was the last straw.

I wheeled around to him where he was standing behind everyone. "Ok, what is your problem? You come in my camp and we help you. We gave you a place to sleep and clothes to wear, and we are trying to solve your problem. I don't know what your issue is with me or this camp, but just stop. We don't need to hear it." 

I felt a little bad for snapping at him like that, but I was so fed up at this point. Harry, Ron and Hermione seemed to have enjoyed the tour. They pointed out things they thought were cool and what they liked. 

A strange thing was, when I was explaining how demigods couldn't use smart phones, they didn't know what I was talking about. They seemed confused about what a smart phone was, which I thought was kind of weird, but I brushed it off.

"Yeah Draco, just be nice for once," Ron said.

Draco got mad at that. He left, sprinting away, looking upset. 

"Are you guys friends or not?" I asked.

"No, not at all," Harry said. "We really don't know why he's here with us."

I nodded, taking note of this information. Suddenly, a conch shell blew, signaling the time for dinner. 

"Come on guys," I said. "Let's eat."

A/N

Hey guys hope you enjoyed! 

~Renee