After Dinner

Annabeth

Draco was not at dinner, nor was he anywhere to be seen afterwards. The wizards sat at a spare table at the pavilion and kept to themselves mostly. I saw Percy at his table looking sweaty after long sword practices, but still looking energetic. Probably because his pizza was blue.

After a filling meal, I pulled Percy to the side and told him about how the tour went.

"You and Hermione seem really similar," he observed.

"I guess so," I muttered. "Also, Draco seemed to get really upset at the end of the tour. He ran away and I don't know where he is."

Percy frowned. "Maybe he's overwhelmed. It didn't look like he wanted to be here."

I nodded. "Yeah, maybe."

 After a wholehearted campfire sing along, I headed back to my cabin to check a few of my architecture notes and saw someone in there. It was Hermione. Her back was to me and she seemed to be looking through some books.

"What are you doing in here?" I said. I didn't mean to sound so rude, but it just came out that way.

Hermione jumped, dropping the book. I got a better look at them and saw that they were my books.

"Excuse me, those are my books," I said, trying to keep my tone calm. I absolutely hate when people go through my stuff. The only exception is Piper and Percy. But Hermione was not Piper or Percy. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I had no idea," she said with wide eyes. "I just wanted to read some books, so I asked someone where to find them, and they said to look in this cabin. I really did not mean barge in like this."

I pursed my lips. "Ok, but please don't do that again. I'm fine with you reading my books, just ask next time."

"Of course! I'm so, so sorry again."

I waved my hand. "It's fine. I know you didn't mean to."

I picked up the book that she dropped. It was Greek Architecture through the Years. I handed it to her. "Here, you can read this."

She gently took the book. "Oh, thank you!"

She flipped through the pages as she walked out the door, but then she abruptly stopped. Slowly, she turned around with a confused look on her face. 

"Why does this book say it was published in 2008?"

"Um, because it came out 2 years ago."

"Does that mean its 2010??"

I was so confused at this point. Of course its 2010, what was she talking about? "Yes, it's 2010."

"Well last I checked, it was 1998."

"What?"

A/N

Hi guys, this chapter is a bit short but hope you enjoy. Thanks for reading

~Renee