Perfect Day

Annabeth

It had been a few days since Rachel gave that big prophecy and we knew it was about us because of the very first line: Myths and Magic must unite together.

Myths meaning us, and magic meaning the wizards. We weren't given any deadline either like our usual quests where we had to finish it by summer or winter solstice which I thought was a bit strange (but hey, I'm not complaining, just confused). 

Chiron also told us that he was forbidden to help us in any way. I thought that was a load of crap since he's our mentor, but he couldn't because it might mess things up (??). That's what he told me.

I pondered all this at breakfast while eating an apple. My appetite hasn't been the best since the wretched place that stupid spider dragged me to, but it was getting better. Every day I try to eat more and more. 

Hermione came up to me while I was still thinking and slid the book she borrowed across the table.

"Here's your book Annabeth," she said. Her hair was in a bushy ponytail today and I thought that it looked really nice on her.

I stared at her. "You already finished? That book was like 600 pages."

She smiled sheepishly. "Well, I just like reading. It was no problem for me. Plus, I didn't want to borrow it for too long."

I was honestly starting to really like Hermione. She was smart and enjoys solving puzzles. She could've been an Athena kid. I thanked her for returning the book and she left.

After I finished my apple, I threw the core into the composting bin Grover had set up, then headed to the lake to find Percy. I just wanted to spend the day with him. No prophecy's, no goddess, no worries. I rolled my eyes at myself for thinking I would ever get that, but I still headed down to the lake. Any second spent with Percy was still fine with me. 

As I crossed the flat grassland, I passed by the Ares and Hermes kids playing volleyball. They were in an intense match that has been going on for nearly 2 hours at this point. I also passed by the wizards. They were sitting on the benches by the strawberry fields and conversing with each other. Draco was even part of the conversation. I left them to their business and continued my way.

The sun was completely up and blinded my eyes as I searched for Percy. I could just imagine Apollo driving his sun chariot and strumming his lyre while he looked down at the thousands of tiny mortals on the ground. 

I saw movement under the water and easily recognized Percy's sea green swim trunks. I dove in fully clothed, but I didn't care. He saw me submerged and swiftly swam over to me, created an air bubble around us, and dried my clothes. 

"Wise Girl!" Percy exclaimed. "I was talking to a hippocampus about these two fish who were-"

I silenced him with a kiss. Percy could be such a Seaweed Brain sometimes. I smiled as I kissed him. I don't know what I would do without him. 

"I FOUND THEM!" someone above me shouted. I could barely make out what they said though since we were underwater, but I managed to understand that we were being looked for. I sighed and pulled away from Percy. He looked disappointed as he heard the shouts, but grabbed my waist and swam upwards. We both broke the surface of the water completely dry to recognize Piper on the grass. Jason was running behind her with a grin on his face. 

"Piper! Jason!" I called out as I climbed onto the grassy fields. I tackled my best friend in a hug. It had been nearly a month since I had seen her since she and Jason had been at Camp Jupiter and her dad's place.

Percy and Jason fist bumped and high fived. "What brings you guys here?" I asked. I looked at the both of them and see that Piper was wearing denim shorts and a pink tank top, her hair in her usual choppy braid while Jason was wearing cargo shorts and a green shirt.