Part 3

*sorry for not updating a whole lot, been busy with life yk honestly i didn't think anyone would be so interested in what I have to write, so 🏃‍♂️ but thank you so much!! This isn't really much, but i really don't know where to take this story, it was gonna be a slow burn but idek anymore 🙂 you can write suggestions in the comments if you want. thank you again!! 💞💞*

It had been a few weeks since Janet had broken down in front of Katrina, for a while she had silently beat herself up over showing such a vulnerable side of herself. But Katrina hadn't and hasn't treated her any different, which was a huge relief to Janet. Roger and her were working out the divorce slowly, it was overwhelming but as it's coming closer to being finalized she is feeling more and more weigh being lifted off her shoulders.
However she still has to explain to Riley why her mommy and daddy won't be together anymore. Janet has been trying to push that away, trying not to think about it, she's come to find that just being around Katrina melts away her worries. That and maybe the vodka.

Janet decided to go out one night for a "girls night" with Carol and Katrina at a relatively fancy restaurant. However, Carol couldn't make it for whatever reasons.
"It's very suspicious if you ask me," Katrina chimed in. Janet rolled her eyes, "I guess it's just you and me, unless you just want to cancel."
"Hell no, we're going to try this 'special vodka!'" Katrina replied, Janet suppressed a laugh.

At the restaurant a well dressed gentleman led them to a table for two, "What would you young ladies be having this evening?"
Janet huffed a muffled laugh, "Yeah, we'll have the 'special vodka' for now."
"Alright." He replied, backing away to go get the drinks.
"It's too bad Carol couldn't make it, it's really nice here," Janet said, glancing around the fancy restaurant. Katrina nodded, "it is."
The waiter scrolled up to them with two glasses of the "special vodka."
"Anything else I can interest you two in?" The waiter asked, looking at the both of them expectantly.
Janet looked around the menu, not finding anything particularly interesting. Katrina however had found one thing, "actually could we get the 'couple dessert' please?"
Janet almost flinched, confusion rushed over her and she felt herself face getting warm, "Katrina- we're not-"
"Will that be all?"
Janet struggled with words, but in a panic not to seem like she wasn't panicking, she turned to the waiter and smiled and nodded, "yes, thank you." The waiter nodded and walked off. Janet turned sharply towards Katrina, "What was that?"
"What?" Katrina asked, obviously a bit amused, "it was fifty-percent off, a good deal!" Katrina took a sip of her vodka, Janet huffed silently. They sat in silence for a moment, waiting for their desserts to show, finally Janet broke,
"You know I'm not saying being that is bad or anything, it's completely fine-"
Katrina looked at her, "what do you mean?"
Janet rolled her eyes, "comeon Katrina you know what I mean, I mean being gay is okay- it's just," Janet skipped a beat, almost unsure, "I'm not gay."
Katrina just sat there for a moment, silence, no expression crossing her face. Janet held her breathe, scared she had offended Katrina, yet she couldn't see any signs of hurt on her face.
"Sure," Katrina said after what felt like a year, her tone of voice sounded very matter-of-fact, like 'sure you are.' That made Janet uncomfortable, because deep down she knew she had found Katrina attractive, yet she never really seen women like that before. She wasn't sure what made Katrina different, but Katrina was different, different than any man or women. She gave an electric buzz to Janet, a different, new, more exciting feeling.
Janet took a big sip of her vodka, as they finished up their desserts, the night grew warm and the weird, awkward silence faded into a joyful mood with laughs and stories.