Saturday

Marisa's POV:

It's been a few days since my latest break up and my friends are begging me to go to some bar with them tonight. They said a local band called Fall Out Boy is playing tonight around 8:00. I know a few of their songs from the radio, and besides, I'm the only single person in their right mind not to go out tonight anyway.

We arrive around 7:45 and I get to drinking right away, dancing with my friends, and accepting more than a few free drinks from strangers who think they might get some. No matter how hard they try, I don't plan on going home with anyone and I end up turning all of them down. They're probably all at least ten years older than me anyway.

Then the band we came to hear finally comes onto the small stage and I freeze in place on the dance floor when I turn around and see the guy from the store a couple of days ago standing in front of the microphone... The same one that has had no luck escaping my mind for the past few days. I don't think he sees me though. They play a few songs I know, and then his eyes lock with mine in a devilish way and I know that he has been thinking about me this whole time too.

As soon as the band is finnished playing they disappear from the stage. Not even two minutes after that, the singer sits on the stool next to me at the bar and buys me a drink. I am already beyond drunk, but I accept the drink anyway. I make a complete fool of myself and he just giggles at me. I finally decide that I need to stop drinking before I end up passing out.

We end up talking for a long time about our lives and everything about ourselves that we were willing to share. He eventually ends up talking me into going home with him, and I'm so drunk at this point that I just go along with it because... why not? I might as well have a little fun while I'm single. We arrive at his house around three in the morning and we waste no time getting to what we all know happens next.

**************************************************************************************************************

When I wake up It's 8:30 am. I have such a massive headache that I can't even bring myself to open my eyes. Then I feel the bed move as the mysterious man I met a few days ago wakes up and gets out of bed. I lay still and silent waiting for whatever might happen next.

Since he only had a one or two drinks last night, I can't imagine that he is hungover. I hear him get dressed, move things around and set something on the nightstand, then the door closes and there's silence... now what? I finally get out of bed and get dressed as well. 

When I leave the bedroom I walk down the short hallway looking for any sign of the man I still don't know the name of. I don't find him, but I do find a bathroom and search for something to kill my headache, but have no luck. I hear something fall to the ground and shatter. I find my way to the kitchen where he is making coffee. He must have dropped a coffee mug because green and white shards of china are scattered all around the tile floor of the kitchen and dining room. 

"Well good morning sleepy head. I expected you to be gone by now... I mean... I'm not telling you to get out I'm just saying I... didn't think you would still be here... You know what? Never mind. I'm making this worse" He says stuttering and looking down at the floor.

"It's alright. I was just on my way out. I can go now." I say, kind of disappointed that he didn't ask me to stay. Marisa, what are you thinking? This isn't anything special. You should have left by now. Don't get your hopes up. He only wanted you for one night. You've overstayed your welcome. I keep telling myself that I need to go, but for some reason I wasn't going anywhere. I guess he saw the disappointed expression on my face.

"You can stay for some coffee if you want. I mean, you don't have to. You can just..." He stops talking and his face turns red. He's embarassed himself again.

"Well sounds great... But for now... do you have any pain killers... or... you know... a name?" I ask trying not to sound like I'm too hungover.

"Oh yeah sorry. I'm Patrick Stump and there's Tylenol in my room on the nightstand. I put it there for you to see when you woke up." He says and turns to grab a broom to clean up his mess. 

"Alright thanks" I say and head back to his room.

His house is huge! He must get a lot of money from being in a band and all. I find the Tylenol and take two with water from the bathroom sink. Then I check my phone. Three text messages from my best friend / room mate Jessica:

7:23AM -- "Hey were are you? I saw you walk out with that guy from the band last night."

8:02AM -- "Come on, seriously. I'm getting worried you got raped and killed. Answer me!!!"

9:07AM -- "I'm calling the police in half an hour if you don't answer me!!"

Now it's 9:15. I must have spent a lot more time around here than I thought. I text her back.

9:16AM -- "I'm alright. No rape or murder involved. I'm still at the guy's house. I know it's weird. He asked me to stay for coffee for some odd reason. I'll be back to our apartment before noon alright? I want to do some shopping before I head home since we are amost out of like... everything."

I walk back out to the kitchen and sit down next to him at the granite topped island in the middle of the kitchen and sip the coffee he has made and set there waiting for me. We just sit and talk like we did last night... you know... before we ended up here. There is something different about Patrick. I like it.

******************************************************************************************************

Author's Note:

Okay I'm only 15 so I know absolutely nothing about one night stands or being hung over so I did the best I could to describe it the way I'm pretty sure it happens... and then made it EXTREMELY awkward. I really hope you're enjoying the story so far and if you find any errors please comment and tell me so I can fix them! Thanks!

Also, if you have any suggestions on where the story should go or something I should think about adding from here on out, PLEASE comment because I get writer's block VERY easily and often and if I need inspirations I can just look at the comments and get an idea of what I should write. It can be like a choose your ending type book... but you know... with only one ending... so it's like having a choose your ending book but having to read it with your whold family and you have to agree on what page to turn to... but your opinion actually matters here...yeah sorry for confusing you... I'll just go now.

~Ash