Miss Missing You

Marisa's POV:

After moving into Patrick's house, things are calm and it feels as though the hospital visit was years ago, even though it has only been a month. Patrick has made sure my cutting stopped, and he takes really good care of me. I work as an editor for multiple magazines, and Patrick works with his band. Today I will finally get to meet everyone else in Fall Out Boy.

I'm really excited, but also nervous. What has Patrick told them about me? Do they know about the self harm? What will they think when they see the scars? I've been stressing myself out all week about tonight. They're playing in the bar where Patrick and I first met, then we're all going to have a few drinks and probably hit a few more bars after.

Patrick's POV: 

I've told the band all about Marisa, and I'm so excited that they finally get to meet her. They're all super stoked too. Marisa's been stressed about it all week though, so I'm worried about her. She assures me she'll be okay, and I trust he when she says that.

Marisa's POV:

When we show up to the bar, I take a seat by myself at one of the tables surrounding the small stage on the back wall. Fall Out Boy goes backstage and I wait patiently for them to come out and start performing. 

While I wait, I observe my surroundings. The bar is crowded and it looks like everyone is here to see the boys perform. I watch as a few people file in the door: three girls that are already wasted and talking really loud, two guys who immediately start looking at every girl in the room, and two couples who are already annoying me with their PDA. One last person files in before Fall Out Boy is supposed to come on stage.

This particular person catches my eye because she looks familiar, but I have no idea who she is. She looks a bit taller than me, her hair is light brown, and she looks like she is in her 40's or maybe early 50's. She definitely looks out of place in this bar. The mystery woman takes a seat at the bar and begins scanning the room. I turn back around and watch the boys walk out on stage.

The performance is great! They played a lot of their old songs. Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet, XO, 7 Minutes In Heaven, G.I.N.A.S.F.S., and Chicago Is So Two Years Ago. In the middle of their next song, Saturday, the mystery woman walks up and sits next to me. 

"Hi, I was just looking around and thought you looked familiar. Would you mind telling me your name? I'm sorry. I just think I know you." She says. Her voice is raspy and she sounds desperate.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Marisa Brown. Who are you?" I say, trying not to sound confused or annoyed because I'm not very good at hiding my emotions. The woman stands up as if she just got a burst of energy.

"I thought you looked familiar!! I guess you don't remember me. I've changed a lot since I quit. Maybe this helps. Do you know what this is?" She pulls a silver necklace out of her pocket. Half a heart. I freeze. 

"W-where did you get that?" I ask, not getting my hopes up that this is who I wished it was.

"I got it for us when you were little." She says.

My mother, the one I thought hated me all these years, the one I thought didn't care that I was taken, the mother I thought abandoned me was standing in front of me. My heart is filled with relief, love, and anger all at once. I glance at patrick and see that he looks confused. I look back to my mother.

"We've got a lot to talk about, but not right now. Here's my number," I scribble it down on a napkin while I finish talking. "Call me tomorrow and we can talk about everything then, or plan to go out somewhere. Now, though, let's just focus on the future. 

She doesn't get the chance to say anything before Patrick comes up and hugs me from behind. 

"This is my boyfriend, Patrick." I say, and he stands up straight and says hello. He gives me a look and I realize that I need to tell him who this is. "Patrick, this is my mother." He looks up, astonished. He sticks his hand out and tries to seem formal.

"Well, let's go get something to drink" says one of the guys from the band. I still don't know their names.

As the night goes on, I end up learning everyone's names and actually like all of them. I learn that Pete and Patrick are pretty much best friends and inseparable. That's okay though because he's been the most talkative all night so I know the most about him. When he and patrick go off telling each other stories, I have time to get to know Joe and Andy. 

My mother had to leave soon after she met Patrick, so it's just me and the guys. Around two in the morning, Patrick says that he and I will have to be going now. I look at him, confused and he just winks. I understand now. I stand up and grab my bag. We both clumsily walk out the door and call a cab. We head back to Patrick's/our house.

We sit down on the bed and don't waste any time getting to what we all know happens next. 

After that I fall asleep in his arms.