/three/

"wong yukhei?"

"wong yukhei?"

"na jaemin?"

the captain came running over, jumping at his teammate with a huge grin adorning his face. "we missed you last season," the brunette groaned, hugging the taller tightly. "you all better?"

they pulled away from the embrace, both looking down to the fully healed leg. "back in business. i heard we did shit."

"damn right, we did," yuta chuckled, flicking jaemin's head. "not pointing fingers, but..."

this elicited a small sigh from their captain who still felt the guilt of their loss. his small frown didn't last long for only moments later, yukhei grabbed his face, tilting his head up. "i knew you had some wacky soulmate link. happy with it?" he asked with a tight-lipped grin as he inspected the royal purple eye and its beauty.

"of course," the younger giggled. "it's even better to know that i have someone to share it with." at this, both boys looked to mark who sat on the sideline, watching the reunion.

yukhei sent the younger a wave before settling his attention back to their captain. "so, shall we get to training?"

• • •

"run, run, run!"

yuta was beyond exhausted at this stage. his laboured breaths matched those of his teammates who looked equally as wrecked as himself.

he sent the coach a pleading gaze but was met with a small smirk. this is what we get for pranking him... he thought to himself while huffing and puffing in a rather unflattering manner.

finally, their sixth lap around the school campus came to a close and was followed by whinging teenage boys who regretted joining the team quite suddenly.

"now yuta," the elder man beamed, his hand on his hip while the other held a basketball. "will you be coordinating any more silly pranks?"

the vice captain shook his head a little too quick to be deemed normal while he waved his hands, pleading for mercy. "i never pinned you to be like this," he groaned while pushing his sweaty hair from his forehead.

"well boys, this is the new normal. we will get to that final this season, and we will win!" although some were still bitter about the team punishment, most were happy to see their coach so pumped for another year of tough competition.

"hands in!" yukhei yelled, hyping the panting boys up a little. "1,2,3...go panthers!"

yuta looked to all the tired, but smiling faces and couldn't help but think, this is gonna be a good year...