/six/

as always, sicheng walked through the hallways with tired eyes and sluggish movements

as always, sicheng walked through the hallways with tired eyes and sluggish movements. if not for his chatty friend muttering away about the abuse he suffered thanks to his cat, the student may have fallen asleep right then and there.

his thoughts seemed to revolve around yuta nakamoto and how freely they had spoken the night before. it shocked sicheng really. how had he become so comfortable and talkative in the presence of a boy he barely knew? that alone made butterflies flutter within his stomach.

"what's with that look?" jungwoo chaffed while throwing his arm around his friend's shoulder carelessly, snapping the older from his dazed state.

"just thinking."

the younger boy hummed for a second, his brow cocked quizzically as he inspected sicheng's expression curiously. "yuta?"

the older choked on his saliva, turning beet red while already creating excuses in his head as to why he was thinking of a certain japanese boy, yet he quickly collected himself as he saw the word was not directed as a speculation, but as a greeting.

the blue haired senior strolled over to them casually with a cute grin. it wasn't the same seeing him smile, 'cause sicheng had seen how happy the older could truly get.

"hey guys. wanna sit with us?" jungwoo hopped away from his co-worker and excitedly nodded while already yapping away about the new scratch he had earned along his arm. he didn't seem to notice the lingering look that the other two shared.

"coming?" yuta mumbled, his head tilted to the side slightly.

without hesitation, sicheng jogged to catch up to them. "of course."

• • •

"but that english homework was unreasonable, wasn't it?" sicheng groaned while watching the others nod in agreement.

"i mean it wasn't that bad."

the table fell silent as their gazes fell to mark who quickly pursed his lips nervously. they rolled their eyes at the boy's words before setting the topic back to where it had started. "except for mark, a fluent english speaker, did anyone else get question three?" yukhei asked.

"nah. that's-"

"liu yangyang!" the familiar voice of the student council president rung through the air, cutting him off. "get the hell over here!" he exclaimed with a childish stomp of the foot.

the whole canteen fell silent at the sudden outburst, and they all watched the frequent scene of ten scolding the school's troublemaker.

"or what? you'll suspend me?" the taller moodily groaned. "thank god. i can't stand another day in this hell-hole."

whispers shot through the air at the junior's cheeky behaviour towards not only an older person, but the most respected student that the school had.

"oh boy," the thai muttered with a twitching lip. "you're in big trouble for vandalism, but instead of suspension, since you seem to love that idea, how about we settle on two weeks of detention?"

a frustrated groan fell from the rebellious teen's mouth. he huffed angrily before spinning on his heel and storming off, leaving everyone utterly stunned, except ten and mark who had confronted yangyang way too many times to be shocked by his explosive behaviour.

the student council's representative simply tutted to himself before following the younger with some reluctance. it did get quite tiring having to clean up the messes he made, but this was his job after all.

"that's liu yangyang, isn't it?" jungwoo whispered. the noise level of the busy canteen still hadn't returned to its full volume, but others began to speak again too.

"yeah...unfortunately," mark distastefully commented. "such a bloody brat. ten and i have to continuously punish him, but nothing gets through to him," he complained.

sicheng bit the inside of his cheek in thought. what would make someone act out in such a good school?

"they say he's missing a part of his soul. that's why he's always so angry, 'cause he's not capable of being normal," jaemin added wearily, his eyes still fixed on where the two boys had exited. "if that's the case, then you can't help but feel bad for him."

the conversation was left up in the air while they all processed the fight they had witnessed. it was quite intriguing really. yangyang seemed to be the mystery of the school. what caused his violent, disruptive behaviour?

before they could continue with a nicer topic, the shrill of the school bell ripped through the air unceremoniously. "well, i guess it's time to be killed by mr. jang. i so didn't do that english work," yukhei grumbled while pushing himself up from his seat.

"good luck with that."

they each bid each other goodbye before heading to their designated classrooms, but sicheng was pulled back by the wrist quite suddenly. "c-could i get your number please?" yuta stuttered, cursing himself for the nervous habit.

the taller looked to the hand that was firmly holding his sleeve and smiled happily. "sure."

as he tapped the number into the older's device, yuta spoke up again after another few moments of contemplation. "and would you like to watch our practice today? i would really like to have you there."

once again, the younger nodded with a small blush before handing the device back. "i'd love to."

"see you then?"

"see you then."