Chapter 2

I opened up the crumpled letter and read what was inside:

Dear Alessia,

I'm writing to you in hopes of your services. Word here quickly spreads about your immense talent that I am in dire need of. Please meet me in the spruce forest at midnight near the lake if you would like to take up my offer.

W.S.

It wasn't odd for my customers to request weird meeting places or not inform me of their real name. It's not like I used mine either.

What was strange was the fact that whoever this person was knew where I lived. I purposefully made contact with me difficult and never told them my address in case they would run into Tubbo instead of me.

My mind scanned for any mistakes I could've made that would've revealed my address but I couldn't think of any.

This only made me want to meet the mysterious person who sent the letter.

I never dared to assume the gender of the person who asks for my services.

There was also a reason I chose a woman's name for my alias. I didn't want anyone to think for a second that someone with my talents was a man.

I ripped the letter into pieces until it was unreadable and then threw it away.

I got ready for the day brushing my hair and teeth, and putting on clothes for the day.

I walked over to the satchel of gold that I got from last night's job. It was a good sum of money and just what I needed to buy some groceries.

I grabbed it and left the house. I didn't see Tubbo or Tommy outside and I assumed they went to hangout somewhere else, Tubbo probably convincing Tommy to look at some bees.

Tubbo loved bees and I couldn't help but think it explains a lot of his character. He chose to appreciate the cuteness of the insect instead of the stinger that was attached to it.

I walked into the supermarket and picked up the usual food that I tended to grab and paid for it.

The rest of the day I cleaned up the house and read a book while I waited for Tubbo to get home.

He had dirt all over his pants so I shooed him off to take a shower before he got dirt all over the floor that I recently cleaned up.

After he made himself a sandwich and we played cards for the rest of the night which was a common activity we would do.

We used to play cards a lot with our parents but now that they are gone we are limited in the amount of games we can play with two people. So we usually end up playing war.

And I always win.

I stood up and ruffled Tubbo's hair as I moved to put on my boots. "Go to bed, it is getting late."

He turned towards me, "You aren't even going to try to hide the fact that you are leaving so late?"

I took off my black coat from the hanger and put in on myself. "Nope."

Tubbo nodded and went to the bed. "Try not to wake me up when you come home."

With that I left and ventured to the spruce forest.

Once I weaved through the immense amount of trees, I put up my hood in an attempt to hide part of my face. The hood plus the darkness of the night tended to do a pretty good job of hiding my identity.

I reached the lake and looked around until I saw a shadow of a tall man leaning against the tree. I walked over to it, keeping my head down.

As I approached the tree he was next to, the man looked towards me. "Alessia."

My alias sounded sour on his mouth.

I glanced up and used the sides of my coat to pretend they were ends of a dress, and bowed sarcastically. "At your service."

I couldn't see most of his face so I had zero indication of how he took that.

"Let me get straight to the point," the man stated, "I need to hire you to kill Dream."

Well no beating around the bush there.

As much as I didn't care about the politics of my country, I wasn't oblivious to who held the power. Currently I reside in a country called L'Manburg that branched off of the DreamSMP who are on the brink of war with each other.

The DreamSMP is ruled by a man named Dream, who took the chance to name it after himself. I never met him in the time I lived there but I knew he was an arrogant asshole. I also knew that he was always guarded and almost impossible to reach.

I laughed at him. "I am not an idiot, a job like that would get me killed."

The man stayed serious. "I am willing to offer you all the gold and diamonds you wish to possess. You would never have to work a day in your life."

"Those are only empty promises."

Too good to be true.

The man turned around grabbing satchels of various riches lying inside and plopped them to my feet like they meant nothing to him. "That should be enough for two months so you won't need to provide for your younger brother while you are gone."

He knew who I was. Somehow he knew my address and now he knew I had a brother.

He stepped forward, the moonlight lighting up his face enough for me to recognize the man in front of me.

W.S.

Wilbur Soot, the leader of L'Manburg has just requested my services to kill his number one enemy.

He wants me to stop a war.