Chapter 3

He told me the list of things I needed to remember in getting the job done.

1. Find out Dream's second in command

Who would take Dream's place when he dies?

2. Make sure they have zero intention of continuing the war with L'Manburg

There would be no point in leaving the country with a leader just as terrible as Dream. If it came to it I would need to kill his second in command too until they are left with a leader that doesn't care about the separation. Even though I believe I have a better chance of gaining their trust enough to convince them that starting a war would be a waste of time.

3. Under no circumstances let them know I am a citizen of L'Manburg

It would be fatal for them to know that bit of information. Not only will I be dead if they were to find out but that is the perfect momentum they need to start a war.

4. Kill Dream

The real objective of the whole mission.

I was almost grateful for the two months because I still needed to find a way to get past his guards.

I told Wilbur yes.

As much as Tubbo is going to hate me leaving for that long I knew he would be well taken care of without my presence. I was going to contact Philza, a trusted adult, about my absence and tell him to keep an eye on my little brother. Tubbo also had more than enough money to last him those two months.

He was a responsible kid so I trusted him but I knew it would be difficult to leave him for that long. Mostly because I didn't want him to feel like I was abandoning him.

But then I thought about what that money could do for us. No more shack. I would buy a house big enough that we could have three bedrooms just in case Tommy would want to stay over.

We would have a huge yard with a beehive in the back so Tubbo could look at them whenever he wants.

And no more leaving at night to spy, torture, and kill. I wouldn't have to work one more day of my life.

I knew it was a huge risk. I knew there was a chance that I wouldn't come back but I am so sick and tired of living the way that we are. Tubbo deserves a better life than the one I am giving him.

I reached our house and quietly tried to take off my boots and coat, and sneak into bed.

Wilbur wanted me to leave tomorrow so tonight would be the last one in L'Manburg.

"Goodnight Tubbo," I whispered before falling asleep.

* * *

Today I woke up before Tubbo and decided to make him pancakes. I whipped up the batter adding as much chocolate chips as possible and then cooked them.

I added syrup and whip cream and then woke up Tubbo.

He groggily woke up, blinking his eyes to get adjusted to the light. "Pancakes? What is the occasion?"

He grabbed the plate and fork from my hand and began to eat.

"Might be our last breakfast together for a little while, buddy. I have to go on a work trip for a couple of months," I told him.

He stopped eating and looked up at me. "Months?"

"Yeah there is enough money here so don't worry about that. I am also going to talk to Philza and ask that he checks up on you," I told him, "Maybe Tommy can stay here with you while I am gone so you won't be alone."

He still didn't go back to eating. "Can't you say you can't go. I am sure they will understand th-"

I stopped him before continuing, "No I already tried. Come on, I am sure you are getting sick of being with me all day long. It might be good to have a break."

Tubbo didn't say anything else on the matter, instead picked up his fork and finished eating the pancakes.

"When do you have to leave?" he asked, putting his plate in the sink.

I looked toward the clock that stated it was 10:00 a.m. "Now, if I want to catch Phil on the way."

I packed before I made him breakfast and my backpack already lied beside the door.

Tubbo just stood there.

"I know I-"

He interrupted me with a hug. "Please come back."

I hugged him tighter, not wanting to let go. I wished I could promise I would be back before he knew it but I had no idea how things would turn out.

Who knew if I would even come back?

So I just hugged him a little longer. I reassured myself he had people to take care of him if I died. Tommy and Philza wouldn't let him starve.

I let go and grabbed my backpack. Tubbo saluted me and I laughed on my way out.

I continued my walk until I saw Philza outside his yard. I told him all about my 'business trip' and he reassured me he would check up on Tubbo and make sure he stays out of trouble.

Just like that I was on my way to the capital of the DreamSMP. I came up with the best story I could to gain entrance.

I needed to gain their trust, I needed them to trust me enough so they will turn their backs to me.

So I can backstab them all.