Chapter 7

I entered the room I was staying in and I was pleasantly surprised about what I saw.

In the middle was a canopy bed with a white comforter placed on top of it. In fact most of the room was that color. On the left side of the room was a wardrobe filled with many assortments of clothes. On the right was a side table and chairs, and a little window.

I walked towards the closet but halted as I reached a mirror the size of me.

I don't even remember the last time I looked in a mirror as we didn't have one back home. I hated the sight of me. I was pale, worn out and tired. I looked like a ghost of my past self.

I shook it off and got ready for bed.

I plopped on to the mattress and got as comfortable as possible. It has been awhile since I slept in a bed by myself. I only could hope Tommy stayed with Tubbo tonight.

I finally set aside my worries and fell asleep.

* * *

I woke up the obnoxious sound of knocks on my door.

No, not knocks. It was the bangs of my door getting kicked.

I groaned, getting out of bed to yell at whoever woke me.

I opened the door to see George holding two trays of food which made me understand why he couldn't knock.

"I brought you breakfast," George said, "Gosh have you even brushed your hair?"

I used my hand to pat down my hair a little so it will calm down. It isn't like I had the chance to fix it before I opened the door.

"First you wake me up and then you insult me," I noted, "Just know if you didn't bring food I would've beat your ass."

He laughed setting the plates on a side table and taking a seat.

"I don't know (Y/n), I would ask you to take me on in the circle but I hear you like to chicken out of those things," George humored referencing my refusal yesterday.

I smiled and sat down too. I grabbed the fork and began eating the many options I was given. Waffles, eggs, bacon, toast and fruit.

I don't remember the last time I got an assortment of food.

"You know I would've come down to eat breakfast with everyone else," I told him, continuing to eat again.

George picked up his fork too now. "Eating with them is intense and I didn't want them to scare you off."

I highly doubt they could, not when I needed to be here. It isn't like they could be more intense than Dream.

We ate in silence until we both finished our plates. For the first time in forever I was full. I forgot what that heaviness in my stomach felt like.

George ended up staying a little longer talking about the people here. He gave me the rundown on names of the people here like Punz, Sam, Callahan, and Alyssa.

I don't know how long the conversation would've lasted if we weren't interrupted by a knock on the door and the churning of the door handle.

Opening the door was Dream and plastered on his lips was a smug smile.

"So this is where you have been all day George," He said taking a look at his friend, "Leave."

George complied, grabbing the plates on his way out and leaving me with Dream.

"Get ready we are leaving too," Dream commanded, "Come out when you are done."

He left to wait in the hallways, not even letting me get a word in.

I got ready putting on my clothes and making sure to strap my daggers once again to my ankle just in case things didn't go to plan. Once I finished braiding my hair, I entered the hallway.

Dream barely looked at me when he started walking.

I took a few fast steps to catch up to him, "Why did you change your mind about bringing someone with you to the meeting?"

Dream took a while to answer my question, and for a second I thought he was going to ignore me.

"Because you intrigue me (Y/n) and what better way to learn more about you than bring you to this meeting."

That couldn't be the reason, could it?

"I intrigue you?"

He stopped walking and turned towards me. "Do you blame me? A woman knocks on my door asking for a job here, a woman I have never seen before. She then proceeds to throw knives at one of my men and easily hit a bullseye on her first try like it was an easy task to be given."

I nodded and shrugged my shoulders, "Who knows we might have crossed paths before?"

I chose to ignore the rest of the claims and focus on the easier part.

He scoffed and started to walk again, "If I saw you before, I don't think I would ever forget it."

I looked towards my feet and walked next to him, attempting the same pace he had and ignoring his compliment.

"Do you question George's intentions too? Because you need to realize the same reason I am bringing you to this meeting is the same as him bringing that food up to you this morning," He continues, "Or is it just mine you question?"

There was a knot in my throat. Question after question and this conversation turned more into an interrogation.

He was right though, I didn't doubt George's intentions. Then again, his ways of getting to know me seemed a lot more innocent.

We finally reached the doors to the outside and Dream took a look at what I was wearing. "Where is your coat?"

I looked down, I guess I forgot.

"It's fine, let's just go," I told him. I survived colder nights, a walk to L'Manburg shouldn't be too difficult.

Dream didn't look at me when he took off his own coat, his eyes still didn't even glance at me when he handed it to me.

I didn't refuse and put it on. It was already heated from his body heat, however it was a bit long on me as it went all the way down to my knees.

He opened the door and waited for me to go through it.

I realized then, how much I hated the gesture because of how it made it so hard to pretend he was heartless. Because you had to be if people thought you were so horrible that they would be better off in a new country.

Despite it all, here he was, with a heart.

I think I want to get to know him. I want to know everything that makes him, him. I want to know all the why's in his life. I want to know his favorite food and his favorite color. What got him out of bed in the morning or what was the last thing he thought of at night.

Maybe this would be harder than I thought.