Fitz POV

Once I got back to Everglen I decided that I should be there with Sophie. Maybe some cognate practice will distract her and calm her down. So I headed to Elwin's. I got there and found Sophie sitting on Keefe's cot holding his hand. She looked like she hadn't moved since she got there. I walked in and sat across from her. She looked over at me and tried to smile and hide her pain but I could see she was having a hard time. I started fidgeting with my cognate rings. Finally Sophie spoke up.

"I'm healing him at seven." I looked over at the clock which read 6:49. I looked back at Sophie who was more not taking her eyes off Keefe.

"Well, you're gonna need your cognate." I said , flashing her one of my movie star smiles. she didn't smile back.

"I'm sorry, but I have to do this by myself."

"But... we're cognates... " i started. I looked at Keefe who suddenly shifted his position. I shrugged my shoulders and looked back to Sophie.

"And as my cognate I need you to let me do this. Alone." she looked up at me with determination in her eyes.

"Ok I'll leave you to it." I got up to leave looking at the clock once more. 6:57. I looked at Sophie and Keefe and sighed as I left the room.

"bUt We'Re CoGnATeS!"

ugh fitz is so pushy haha

comment below on what your fav sokeefe moment from the series is! id love to hear from y'all! and guys almost 60 reads!? i just published tonight! im so excited tysmmM!!! :3

<3 Silveny118