Chapter 4: Prep and Shoot

My first day of work led to an even more intense second day. August D aka Yoongi was silent for the entirety of the prep for his shoot. During the shoot he was more energetic, but his mood would still the second he had to come get touch ups. The shoot lasted all day and when I got back home, I collapsed on the couch and fell into a dreamless sleep. I woke the next morning in a hurry to be there in time. Some mid morning interviews needed some makeup preparations and once I was done I'd pick up a coffee from the same shop by the company. He seemed to be always there, barely a head nod or a Hi from him if he noticed me.

It became a routine soon enough. I'd gotten used to his cold shoulder. Kim was quite the chatter box and I enjoyed the mindless distraction she brought to the otherwise cold work atmosphere.

"We should go out for drinks" Kim says to me one morning, about 3 weeks into the job. " You're new, right? We need to go out. Tonight?" She asked eagerly, a smile wide on her face.

"Yeah, sure, Kim... that sounds like fun, but I don't have much to wear" I reply as Yoongi comes into the makeup room and sits down in the chair.

"Oh well, shopping first, obviously. Then dinner. We'll make it so date!" Kim says excitedly as she starts to style his har.

"I guess it's a date..." I smile as I bent down to apply foundation to Yoongi's porcelain skin. He looked at me directly in the eyes for the first time and squinted in question.

"Good, I can't wait" Kim days, adding color to his bleached blond hair. "Maybe you'll meet someone" she winks at me.

"Oh god, thats just what I need" I giggled sarcastically. Yoongi still eyeing me quizzically as I now applied his contouring.

"Well, you said it yourself that your last relationship ended horriblly" Kim added without missing g a beat.

"It was a marriage... and yes, it was a bad ending" my face must have pailed because Yoongi's eyes suddenly go wide.

"So it's time for a rebound, girl, no one hear knows your story, so you don't have to explain anything to anyone" Kim says, apparently unaware that Yoongi was listening to our conversation. I had told her my past story, leaving out quite a bit of details when we had gone for lunch together during my first week on the job. Kim's mindless chatter normally granted me peace of mind. Today, her endless chatter was starying to cause some anxiety.

Yoongi keeps his eyes focused on my as I lean down to apply a light mascara.

"You were married?" He asks simply, his eyes not leaving my face.

"Oh, uh, yeah. For about two years." I said staring back into his brown eyes as I tried to focus.

"What happend?" He asked, again, simply

"Now Yoongi, you'll have to get her a few drink in before she'll talk about any of that. " Kim said, cutting him off. Apparently she was aware of him listening in. "And even then she still holds backa ton of info, don't ya, Soya"

" There, all done" I say, ignoring Kim and her blatant disregard for friendship confidentiality. "You're ready to go, August D."

"Call me Yoongi" he says, still staring. His face serious.

"Yoongi" I repeat with a nervous smile. A half smile forms on his face as he refuses to break eye contact.

"Well, I guess you two get along now" Kim says non chelauntly, taking off the tarpe around Yoongis neck. "All done Mr. D" She smiles.

Yoongi rolls his eyes at her comment as his gets up from the chair. We gather the tools we need for retouching and follow him out to where the set for his new promo photos. The lights and technology that goes into this never ceases to amaze me. I look around the large room full of different styles of cameras and large, intense lighting. I walk up to the platform Yoongi is using to do a quick touch up on his face.

"I didn't mean to embarrass you earlier" he almost wispers , his eyes finding mine again.

"Oh you're okay," I lied, dabbing some highlighter on his nose " It just.... it was a very bad breakup"

He nodded at me. "I understand" was all he said.

I back away from the platform, vaguely aware of his eyes still bruning into mine. I gave him a solem, small nod in return.

The shoot took several hours. Kim and I required to be on set for the entirety of shooting. When it was finished I rushed towards Yoongi with make up remover and applied liberal amounts to his face. He's taller than me, but not by much. His breath hitting me square in the face as a try my best to wash off the makeup.

"Sorry, I've had coffee" he apologizes, looking down at me.

"I would judge you harshly if you didn't drink coffee," I joke lightly, as it's partially true. A smile forms on his lips and I can't help but smile myself.
"Okay, sir, your good to go." I look up at him, my smile expanding.

"Thank you, Soya," he smiles back. "Where are you and Kim headed out to toninght?" He asks passively.

"I have no clue. I'm sure Kim has had this secretly planned out for months. I'll just have to see where the night takes me" I say, stepping back from him, shocked at his casual question of my private life. I check to make sure I have all my tools and kits. As if hearing her name called, Kim joins my side and grabs me by the elbow.

"It's time, Soya... let's go put our stuff away and enjoy the night!" She says excitedly. We walk back to the makeup room to put our supplies away and gather our belongings. "What was with you and Yoongi today?" She asks with a smirk.

"So you did notice..." I said, raising an eyebrows. "I guess he doesn't find me so offensive after all " I shrug my shoulders and we walk out of the building together. We split at the top of the road.

"I'll swing by and grab you at 8, okay?" Kim shouts at me. I had been right about most of the staff living in the neighborhood. Her apartment wasn't very far from mine.

"Sounds great!" I shout back as I turn and quickly head back to my place to get ready. I couldn't help but wonder about the kind of trouble I'll find myself getting into tonight.