Chapter 7: The Story

Sun shone through the unfamiliar window as I stretched my arms as far as I could go. I relaxed as an unfamiliar ache crept through my body. Man, I was sore. I looked over at the sleeping man next to me, tangled in a web of bed sheets. I snuggled up to him as he stirred, he opened his eyes, still obviously exhausted from the night before... or, techically this morning.

"Hey", he smiled at me

"Hey, "I repeated, I propped up on my elbow, my hair flowing down over my face as I looked down at him. "How was your evening?"

  Yoongi smiled as he pushed a lock of hair away and out of my face.

   "It was wonderful" he said, his now common gummy smile reaching his eyes "how are you feeling?"

  "Pleseantly sore" I smiled back. I leaned in and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down to him in an embrace. We laid there for a while, listening to nothing as we mentally prepared ourselves for the conversation we knew that we needed to have.

  "Oh man,I have to get up," Yoongi grumbled, squeezing his eyes shut. "I have work to do?"

  "Work? It's Saturday."  I said confused. "We're not scheduled to be at the company today."

  " I know, but I have some writing to do" he said. He stretched out his arms and sat up. He looked relaxed as he emerged from the bed, grabbing some shorts from a near by dresser. "Do you want to shower?" He asked.

  "Yes,please!" I said. He went out of the room and came back quickly.

" I started the water for you, why don't I order us something to eat? "

   "And some coffee?" I smiled as I stood up, his sheets wrapped around me.

   "Coffee. Yes." He agreed. He came over and kissed me. " I'll show you where the bathroom is."

We walked down a long hallway, line with doors.

"The other members rooms" he saod, answering the question that I had only asked inside my head.

I followed him to a larg, luxurous bathroom. A tub was filling with bubbles, steam rising into the air. Several fluffy towls sat on top of a stool placed next to the tub.

  "I thought this would be more relaxing for you. I'll give you some privacy and I'll go order some food." He kissed me and left, the door closing behind him.

I walked over to the tub. It smelled amazin, the steam starting to help me relax . I untangled myself  from his sheets and lowered myself into the tub, letting the warm water sooth my aching muscles. I placing my head on the waterproof pillow attached to the tub, engulfed in relaxation.This bathroom was basically a spa. I close my eyes and let my mind replay last night's events.

What a day. What a night.

I emerged from the tub, wrapping myself in the towel, fresh and still warm. Completely at ease,  I made my way back his room, the only one with the door open. Even in my drunken state I had rememberd to grab everything, including the bag from the store that contained yesterday's clothes prior to the dress.

The dress that is now laying on the ground, thrown there in an eager haste. I pick it up and examine it,  the sequence still in their place and no drink stains. Thank God. I pull out my clothes from the bag and got dressed in the outfit.  I know that before anything can continue with Yoongi, he needs to hear the truth about me. The relaxation from the bathroom slipping away with the thought of this conversation happening now, but he deserves to know everything. Anxiously,  I smoothed out my outfit and combed my hair with my fingers.  Finished, I shove my dress into the bag and head out into the hallway in hopes of finding him.

I hear him before I see him. He's just fished ordering. I follow the sound of his voice and find myself in a large family room with an attached kitchen and, to the slight left, a dining area ment for a small army. Or a band.

"Food is on the way" Yoongi says, with a smile as he approaches me. He pulls me into a hug, but pauses when he hears the hitch in my breath. "You okay?"

  "We have to talk," I sat in a calm voice"It's a long story, but before we can continue I feel like you need to hear all of it. "

"Um, okay. I guess" Yoongi looks slightly confused , but still smiles down at me,  pulling me to the bar stools seated at the kitchen island.

I tell him everything, only stopping briefly when the food and coffees arrive.  We eat as we continue the story with as much detail that i can bare sharing.His listens with a straight face while he eats and I can't tell what he's thinking.

After an hour and a half, my story is complete. I look at Yoongi above our empty take out containers and coffee cups, gadging for a reaction. I get none.

  "So, wait...are you still married?" He asked, a confused expression slowly taking form on his face.

"Techically, yes." I answer firmly. "But I can't just ask him for a divorce. He'll find me and trust me when I say he'll kill me."  I nervously state

  "I can't do this." Yoongi suddenly says. His mood shifts as quickly as he's rising from his seat "We're already going to be in trouble for this with the company, but you being married can ruin my image. Bang will fire you. We have to put a stop this right now".

    "Are you serious?"I stare at him in disbelief without getting up.

  "Absolutely! God, Soya, I'm sorry, but I can't. What will you do if you get fired? Huh? Where will you go next?   Look...I like you. I like you a lot, but I can't mess with a married woman. And you need this job. So..."

  "Shut up..." I yell at him as anger finds me. "Just shut up. Fine. We're done. Just pretend nothing ever happened" I go find my bag, my purse, and anything else I came with. I take a quick look down at the bag and set it down. I can't take the dress with me. I grab my other things and storm out of the door without a look back at him.

I walked back to my apartment trying hard to keep my sobs under control. Damn it, were in  such close quarters here. Anyone can look out their window and see me, taking my short walk of shame home.